The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Also, since complaining's fun to do, does anyone else find Midna kind of terribly unhelpful? Both of the n64 faries would tell you about the enemy you were Z-targeted on to if you talked to them, and in general just seemed to give better advice. Talk to Midna, most of the time you just get "We need to go find the rest of the ____!" "Thanks Midna, but I figured that out before you said it the first time." Midna might be nice story-wise and everything, and new and different, but I think my favorite helper character is still Tatl.

There's some way to get it cheaper by giving money to some Goron or doing some quest or something. Not really sure, and not there yet.

@ everyone discussing temples:

Why the hell are all the temples there in first place? Seriously, what possesses people to say, "Hey let's build an intricate network of tunnels and puzzles, put some rupees and an item in it!"

You start questioning this shit and the whole gaming universe goes to shit :[

Why doesn't Zelda send a gigantic army with Link, trash the dungeons, grab the item, kill the boss and get the artifact? He always goes alone for some reason.

You start questioning this shit and the whole gaming universe goes to shit :[

Why doesn't Zelda send a gigantic army with Link, trash the dungeons, grab the item, kill the boss and get the artifact? He always goes alone for some reason.

Heh, just throwing in my 2 cents (or 2 rupees?) into the, "let's complain about dungeons!" conversation. I'm actually enjoying the dungeons in this Zelda much more than some of the others.

Well, I beat it a few days ago (on the gamecube). It was a blast, primarily because I shielded myself from spoilers until I beat it.

The only thing I really missed was a place like Windfall Island in Wind Waker. I honestly spent 20 or so hours just screwing around on the island. There was so much to do and so many people to talk to. Everything was so spread out in TP that I didn't get the same kind of feel. Castle Town was the closest thing, but it just annoyed me with all the people who didn't talk.

I really missed the Pictobox too. Other than that, it was a stellar game. Best game I ever completed (that's not saying much, but at least it's saying something).

I agree, we really could've used another side-quest laden village. We only had Odron Ranch and Castle Town really. I remember that, for example, there was no breathing space in between the third to last and penultimate dungeon. A full repopulation of Kakariko was probably another thing they didn't have time for.

I agree, we really could've used another side-quest laden village. We only had Odron Ranch and Castle Town really. I remember that, for example, there was no breathing space in between the third to last and penultimate dungeon. A full repopulation of Kakariko was probably another thing they didn't have time for.

I think what they should have done, was have Kakariko village begin to repopulate with people who would have you do sidequests, once you clear the twilight from it.

Overall, with the exception of Castle Town, it just feels like hyrule is falling into utter decay. I mean, you have all the ruins laying around in the west(Wii) region of the overworld, but there's just nothing really there and no one who mentions anything about what -was- there.

Great detail in the story, as far as the story itself goes.. not so much for covering anything else. For a game that's set a few generations after OoT, I'd want there to be something that explains the history and covers the gaps, explaining how things went.

+1

I thought the first three temples were spaced evenly as well. But after interlopers arc (if you can call it that), it was "complete the next three dungeon-ish places in a row with no reward with the advancement of plot", which became a little bit tedious near the end.

Wind Waker's Windfall island did have its merits when it came to side quests, something which Hyrule Castle town lacked in a sense. I just wish there was more NPC interaction and towns to do side quests in.

I still think it's a fantastic game, and definitely my personal GOTY.

Also, since complaining's fun to do, does anyone else find Midna kind of terribly unhelpful? Both of the n64 faries would tell you about the enemy you were Z-targeted on to if you talked to them, and in general just seemed to give better advice. Talk to Midna, most of the time you just get "We need to go find the rest of the ____!" "Thanks Midna, but I figured that out before you said it the first time." Midna might be nice story-wise and everything, and new and different, but I think my favorite helper character is still Tatl.

I do miss the information Navi and Tatl would give you about the enemies, however, I enjoyed a more helpless helper (if that makes any sense) this time around. It's more challenging.

I do miss the information Navi and Tatl would give you about the enemies, however, I enjoyed a more helpless helper (if that makes any sense) this time around. It's more challenging.

I thought Midna was pretty useful. She didn't tell you anything about a boss right away but if you didn't hit him after a couple minutes she would tell you what to do.

Quick question: Will the fortunate teller show locations where you've already collected a heart piece? I've combed over the same area about 50 times and I already got a heart piece there, but she keeps telling me that one is there.

Nope, she won't tell you there's one if you've already grabbed it.

When you ge them all, she'll just say something like, "You have all the love there is for you in this world. Take care of the hearts granted to you" or something like that.

Same kinda problem I have about the Metroid Prime series.. there's just nowhere worthwhile that's off the grid and hidden away. FAR too linear and a minimum of real exploration is needed, since anywhere interesting you are pretty much led right to as part of the story.

The prime games are ALL about atmosphere.

At points I lost myself just looking at details.

My biggest qualm with Twilight Princess is the unfulfilled promises. Most importantly these three;

1. They said it took place after Ocarina of Time, but before Wind Waker. I was looking forward to seeing how it tied into Wind Waker (though I do have an interesting theory on that).

2. There was claims that Link would age from a young child to a man over the course of the game. Link stays the same teenager.

3. Obviously, the time issue. I really thought that it would be a seventy hour plus game excluding sidequests, but I'm on the last temple in less than thirty. Big dissapointment.

But other than that, awesome game.

My biggest qualm with Twilight Princess is the unfulfilled promises. Most importantly these three;

1. They said it took place after Ocarina of Time, but before Wind Waker. I was looking forward to seeing how it tied into Wind Waker (though I do have an interesting theory on that).

2. There was claims that Link would age from a young child to a man over the course of the game. Link stays the same teenager.

3. Obviously, the time issue. I really thought that it would be a seventy hour plus game excluding sidequests, but I'm on the last temple in less than thirty. Big dissapointment.

But other than that, awesome game.

1. I really couldn't care less about TP connecting to the other games. In fact, I'm hoping that the next Zelda game actually takes place in more modern or futuristic times. After all, Nintendo did say TP would be the last game we see in Zelda form as we know it.

2. I never heard those claims, but in most Zelda games it's implied that Link "becomes a man" over the course of his quests. That's likely what you heard.

3. Yes, the game should be longer. The last two dungeons are half-assed and the bosses were designed to produce a cinematic feel, but not a challenging (and therefore more lengthy) one.

1. I really couldn't care less about TP connecting to the other games. In fact, I'm hoping that the next Zelda game actually takes place in more modern or futuristic times. After all, Nintendo did say TP would be the last game we see in Zelda form as we know it.

They said that when the game was being developed just for the GC. The introduction of the Wii controls makes it as much an evolution in gameplay(albeit tacked on and half-assed) as the introduction of the analog stick and 3D environments made OoT for the series.

In the next Wii Zelda game, we'll see it designed from the ground up with Wii controls in mind, to make the whole thing a bit more fluid, I'm sure. Or at the least, more interactive and easier to handle at any range(am I the only one tempted to make a -smaller- sensor bar, maybe 4 inches wide?).

My opinon of Twilight Princess is that overall it was a pretty good game, but overall OoT was much better. However I can't wait for more installments to the series

My opinion is.. TP is a great game. But it just doesn't have the replay value that OoT had. It's great for a one-time playthrough, with an engaging story, but it just doesn't feel like it has the kind of random playability that OoT did.

In OoT, I'd spend hours at a time in Kakariko village, just messing around and doing random things. Or on Death Mountain, leading up to the Big Goron(for some reason, I loved using the levitation boots there to run off the cliff and then do The Biggest Slash In the Game, which took a few hearts off.. even made the occasional kill by hitting an enemy down below with it).