The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

I'll take that over "HEY, LISTEN" any day

I'm only at the winter palace place right now

And although I really love this game, am I the only one that misses the instruments? The flowers just ain't doing it for me, and the howling isn't musical at all and the high howls are usually flat

Also what was up with the 3rd dungeon boss

Are you even supposed to lose a heart?

4th dungeon was an improvement but still a bit easy

All the bosses are pretty easy. The only boss i had trouble with was the goron mines one. or it might have been the mini boss. The one where you have to use that "goat throw" thing on the guy. I'm terrible at it. you have to use it like 3 parts in the game and it's so spaced out that i kinda forgot the timning.

And although I really love this game, am I the only one that misses the instruments? The flowers just ain't doing it for me, and the howling isn't musical at all and the high howls are usually flat

Yup. The Ocarina should have been there, even if it was just for summoning Epona and changing day to night and vice-versa.

Yup. The Ocarina should have been there, even if it was just for summoning Epona and changing day to night and vice-versa.

That would make Poe hunting SO much easier.

Something else they should have done, was have -some- sort of use for putting regular water in a bottle. No puzzles or anything for it, nothing special, you can't grow anything, there's no one who's thirsty for water.. it's all just a bunch of lame there.

That would make Poe hunting SO much easier.

Something else they should have done, was have -some- sort of use for putting regular water in a bottle. No puzzles or anything for it, nothing special, you can't grow anything, there's no one who's thirsty for water.. it's all just a bunch of lame there.

There is a use. It's there to annoy you when you're trying to bottle a fairy from a spring.

Spolier THE CAVE

Well...I just beat the Cave of Ordeals used 1 blue potion and 1 rare chu jelly potion. It wasn't as hard as I'd have hoped. Granted magic armor +1000 rupees makes it easy for the THREE difficult levels. 1. Triple iron knuckle 2. Iron Knuckle + 2 flying lizards warrior and then 3. Double Ice monster, +6X Ice spear guy was hard as hell...unless you had rupees to waste.

I beat it, after putting it down for a week or so while i did house-cleaning. Couldn't seem to find the Cave of Ordeals, but then I didn't look too hard either. Couldn't seem to get that one Goron to accept that he was being showered with hotspring water either :/

Ending was rather melancholy I found, even though Midna was hot. Zelda was still hotter though.

The biggest thing I found about this game was that the boss fights were fun. In a lot of cases in OoT for example, I'd treat boss fights in a sense of "Right, let's get this over with." With practically every boss fight in TP, I've wanted to do it again for the fun of it.

Also, Mortal Draw is awesome. I was expecting a more awesome final skill though :/

Also... did anyone else get really tired of Midna swatting/patting wolf link's rump all the time?

Around the neck/shoulders counts as one's rump now?

Couldn't seem to get that one Goron to accept that he was being showered with hotspring water either :/

Hope you weren't bottling hot water and running with it instead of getting the keg.

Linkjing: Nice Toph.

Spolier THE CAVE

Well...I just beat the Cave of Ordeals used 1 blue potion and 1 rare chu jelly potion. It wasn't as hard as I'd have hoped. Granted magic armor +1000 rupees makes it easy for the THREE difficult levels. 1. Triple iron knuckle 2. Iron Knuckle + 2 flying lizards warrior and then 3. Double Ice monster, +6X Ice spear guy was hard as hell...unless you had rupees to waste.

Go back through again, floor 39 is three Iron Knuckles and floor 49 is four of them at once. Major pain, but I only used a single fairy after getting the armor.

Second time through, the floors are supposed to be more difficult. I haven't bothered, so I don't know for sure. But, 4 iron knuckles would be right, if so.

But if there's no reward for going through the Cave of Ordeals a second time through, then why bother? I mean, sure, some people get every single collectable in the game (I'm just missing six poes and that's it), thus giving them the right of going through the Cave of Ordeals again without looking obsessed.

Not to be negative, but if I were the one playing the game and get everything, I wouldn't bother with that place anymore. Rather, I'd just put the game down, tell all of my friends how great it was, then continue life by starting/continuing a different game.

But if there's no reward for going through the Cave of Ordeals a second time through, then why bother? I mean, sure, some people get every single collectable in the game (I'm just missing six poes and that's it), thus giving them the right of going through the Cave of Ordeals again without looking obsessed.

Not to be negative, but if I were the one playing the game and get everything, I wouldn't bother with that place anymore. Rather, I'd just put the game down, tell all of my friends how great it was, then continue life by starting/continuing a different game.

I'm missing 6 poes, too. Have everything else. Since it's no easy feat to track down poes, I kinda gave up, especially since the reward isn't worth a kick in the pants.

Also, I haven't picked the game up again in.. about 3 weeks now? Waiting for my canflix account to start sending me Wii games so I have something to play. :P

I went in with a rare chu jelly and a bottle of fairy tears. I was completely determined not to use the tears. I succeeded, defeating the IK's with one heart to spare. Though the jelly was used up due to a very unsuccesful gambit with purple jelly which left me with 1/4 of a heart left.

I'm missing 6 poes, too. Have everything else. Since it's no easy feat to track down poes, I kinda gave up, especially since the reward isn't worth a kick in the pants.

Also, I haven't picked the game up again in.. about 3 weeks now? Waiting for my canflix account to start sending me Wii games so I have something to play. :P

To be fair, neither was the 100 Skulltula quest. Basically the same deal. It's more so you can show your friends "HAY GUYS, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!"

Side thing: What does the rare chu jelly DO anyways? Blue potion?

To be fair, neither was the 100 Skulltula quest. Basically the same deal. It's more so you can show your friends "HAY GUYS, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!"

Side thing: What does the rare chu jelly DO anyways? Blue potion?

Rare chu jelly is the same effect as the tears. full health plus damage increase.

I think it'd be better if you kept the damage increase until you were hit, no matter how long it took. I miss firing off the sword at full power. :(

I wouldn't want the OST release to be orchestrated, as that usually results in significant changes being made to the actual compositions. There are those arrange albums from the 90s where they're basically nearly-identical material but with upgraded samples, but for TP to be upgraded it would indeed have to be performed. I'm sure things would end up getting a bit interpretive... which is cool in its own sense, but not if you just want the OST :).

On a side note, I'm not sure why reviewers are so critical of the production in TP. I wouldn't say it was particularly GM-sounding... it's just sample-based. Some things more than others I guess, but that's mostly the minigames, and quite frankly those don't need soaring string lines :P.

However, I expect music from the game will end up being fully orchestrated in future, somehow someway!

I agree on the midi part. I personally love games that can change & shift to match what's happening on screen. The midi in TP is really great, & sounds good enough to fool you into thinking that it's orchestrated at points. Especially the field theme. I think most people just want to have that fully orchestrated in game for novelties sake. I' much rather have dynamic music that changes to fit the mood, rather than a static fully orchestrated track that awkwardly transitions into other tracks.

Not to say i'm against orchestrated game soundtracks, I like em just fine. I just prefer the dynamics midi offers.