The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Go play some Silent Hill. =D

On a serious note, I can't comprehend what could trigger such a reaction from you. Are you that young still?

Nah, I'm 21, I was mostly trying to add a slightly humorous tone to my post, so by all means don't take it completely serious :)

But the part about the chills is true, I dunno, kinda like feeling yer being watched.

It's silly, but nothing too serious me thinks.

Just not too big a fan of certain content, but like I said, it's irrational since I still enjoy the game alot, and it doesn't actually scare me. If it did, I would stop playing.

Maybe it's the memories. Cause I was rather young when I got OoT, and I specifically remember not liking the graveyard part...when it rained...and poes would appear...and it kind of looked the same outside...(cold, rainy, dark)

The Redeads are becoming less lethal after each game...

In OOT they could take like, what... four, five hearts from sucking on you?

Also, what was the name of that mini-boss in OOT's shadow temple, the one with the arms that stuck out the floor and when they grabbed you, that freak would come up from the ground...? (anyone have a pic, I forgot what he looked like)

Wait a minute, you're right, how stupid of me to forget. I must apoligize for this silly statement ;_;

Yet I still had that sort of lonely feeling for some reason. Kind of like in Metroid you know?

In the end I really felt like I was in it alone...But maybe that's what adds to the atmosphere of the game.

It's abit tricky to explain what I really mean...

Actually, I kind of agree. Though you spent a lot of time interacting with NPC's, the three-day restriction made all those interactions invalid again and again. Ultimately, you only had yourself as constant real companionship. This, combined with the alien quality of Termina made for a feel not completely unlike that of a Metroid game.

That thing terrified me. The design was so grotesque without really relying on the usual "scary monster" stuff (horns, fangs, bat wings, that kind of junk).

Ugh. That terrified me more than anything else in the game. I knew I took something away from it, and all it cared about was taking it back. No thoughts.. it would just come for you. AH NO! PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Took me since Christmas eve, but I finally beat it. Ending was...eh...I think OoT had a better ending than TP. I think OoT still stands as something of a better game than TP, but TP accomplished what OoT tried to, give the player the sense of an epic Hyrule.

The boss battles and just the epic feel of the game really cement this as being the most epic Zelda of all.

Actually, I kind of agree. Though you spent a lot of time interacting with NPC's, the three-day restriction made all those interactions invalid again and again. Ultimately, you only had yourself as constant real companionship. This, combined with the alien quality of Termina made for a feel not completely unlike that of a Metroid game.

Yeah thats what I meant! Thanks for finding the right words!

And in Ocarina of Time you kept meeting people but they'd either die, freeze, dissapear, turn out to be sages...and Sheik... T__T

I wonder when 10 year old Link will stop and say "hey screw this! it's too much, I'm just a kid!" n_n

don't know if anyone cares to read my Zelda timeline theories or my TP Poes and Rupees rant - basically sums up all I have to say about the game.... if your bored' date=' feel free to read 'em :)

[url']http://infinitysend.livejournal.com/18760.html

http://infinitysend.livejournal.com/18456.html

There was a video posted a while back that had DETAILED insights into the timelines of the zelda story. It even went as far as having producers/designers quotes that support it.

Basically...it starts with Minish cap and another one, then at OoT there's a dual timeline. In OoT, there are two endings...one in which you defeat Ganondorf in the dark/evil world and another one where you are transported back in time and are able to warn the King with the help of the Princess of Ganondorf's evil. From there, it goes into crazy details. As to the placement of the rest of them.

I got this from ign boards and found it pretty interesting. I didn't know some of these "easter eggs" found in Twilight Princess:

- After defeating an enemy, press A without moving and Link will perform the cool-looking flourish move(spinning his sword before sheathing it) like he does in cutscenes. This may only work on harder enemies.

- On Epona, press A to get the speed boost then draw your sword, Link will hold it above his head like he's going in to battle.

- When going in to a group of enemies on Epona, you can do a quick dismount, and Link will hop off with a backflip. Similarly, if you mount Epona while running from the back, Link will hop up and speed off.

- You can talk to Epona when you're beast Link. She tells you to hurry up and change in to your human form.

- The night sky is an accurate representation of the real night sky. Stars are the correct brightness, and constellations such as Orion and Cassiopeia. The moon moves, but the stars stay still, however.

- Hyrule in this game is geographically the same as in Ocarina of Time. (flipped horizontally for the Wii version, as we know)

- The howling stone songs are all from Ocarina of Time. One of the Howling Stone songs is the Requiem of Spirit. Another one is the Song of Healing. Another is Oath to Order.

- Oocca are inspired by M.C. Escher's painting "Other World"

- You can find a silver rupee in the Cave of Ordeals, it's in the room with two Dark Nuts (about floor #39). Use the wolfs sense and dig for it. There is also a silver rupee in the bell in Kakariko village, you can clawshot it, or shoot it with bomb arrows, and there's one more in a chest towards the end of the game.

- In Agithas castle, you can kick pill bugs. Turn on your lantern, and the bugs will be attracted to it. Also Agitha will get frustrated if you leave her castle without giving her a new bug. Agitha can also be found outside the southern entrance of Castle Town, looking for bugs in the grass.

- If you go back to Diababa's lair a second time, there's a bottomless pit of water.

- In the fishing hole, Hena has a picture of the fishing pond owner from Ocarina of Time. If you quickly look over at Hena after looking at the Legendary Fisherman from OOT, she will be scratching her back. If you talk to her when she scratches, she makes a comment about it. In OOT, the Fisherman always was scratching his back.

- You can grow pumpkins by pouring water on them, which improves the items they give. You can also pour water on certain people for a reaction. These appear to be the only use of bottled water in the game.

- On the way to the first dungeon, you can steal lantern oil and red potions from the bird. If you run off without paying, the bird will attack you next time and call you a thief. This is a reference to Link's Awakening.

- When you open doors in a dungeon, Link opens them himself for the first time in a Zelda game. Dirt will fall off of the door the first time, but will be clean all times after that. Nice attention to detail..

- Ooccoo is the little bird that warps you out of dungeons. 00CC00 is the hexadecimal colour code for the green of Links tunic in the original Zelda. It's likely a coincidence, with Ooccoo being a play on Cocoo (the chickens).

- Fyer (the cannon guy) has a bullet bill on his sleeve.

- The Ordon Shield is a one of a kind item, you can buy a replacement at Malo Mart, but it's slightly different.

- There's a rumour that if a blue chu and a yellow chu run together, they will form a green chu. Green chu's likely existed to refil the magic meter, a feature that was eventually dropped from the game. The magic meter can still be seen in a screenshot on the back of the box.

- When you ask the fortune teller in Hyrule Castle town for your 'love' fortune, her chant is actually "Wait....loading takes a while" spelled backwards.

- If you go in to Castle town as a wolf, the guards will circle you, if you charge the midna attack and spin, they will get scared and drop items and rupees.

- In the Kakariko bomb shop there are signs that tell you not to bring in any flammable items. If you take out your lantern, the shopkeep will tell you off. If you take the lantern out upstairs, he will bang his desk and drop water on you.

- The postman can be found at various places in the game, but he's quite rare. He can be seen at several locations, including Kakariki village, Zora's Domain and even the Cave of Ordeals.

- Killing all Guays in certain areas will cause yellow and blue rupees to fall from the sky and trees.

- Links hawk can be seen flying around in any areas where there's hawkgrass.

- Fire a bomb arrow in to the sky for an instant firework!"

just though I would share it.

- The howling stone songs are all from Ocarina of Time. One of the Howling Stone songs is the Requiem of Spirit. Another one is the Song of Healing. Another is Oath to Order.

Song of Healing and Oath to Order are from Majora's Mask. He probably meant that they're all from the N64 Zeldas.