The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

I loved Twilight Princess. I loved The Wind Waker. I can't decide which is better. The combat, of course, is equal. Same engine, duh. Seeing as how Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda, though, I may have to go with The Wind Waker, if not purely for aesthetics. Both, however, have bitchin' Ganon fights, with The Wind Waker's ending the best and Twilight Princess's playing out the best.

I dont think it was a love situation or at least on Link's end. Minda probably developed it at the end but the only love realtion that showed was with Link and Ilia.

I think it's more about how Link is more of a player in this one, and for once didn't seem to have -any- sort of interest in Zelda, beyond her being in the way between him and Ganon(at least, as far as modern Zelda games go).

I think it's more about how Link is more of a player in this one, and for once didn't seem to have -any- sort of interest in Zelda, beyond her being in the way between him and Ganon(at least, as far as modern Zelda games go).

Personally I prefer it that way.

The Hero/Princess lovelife is quite Cliche and overused.Alot.

OK, so I finally broke down and skipped completing the Cave of Ordeals (and some of the side quests). I just finished the game. I was a little disappointed with how short the last part of the Ganondorf battle was. I was expecting some really epic horseback fighting... but it was still alright. Short, but alright.

Sadly, I must say that the overall ending is far below that of OoT. OoT had an ending that just seemed far more emotional than TPs. You got to see the friends you met who ended up becoming the Sages watching over the land, you got to see the people you met across the land celebrate together, you had that touching moment where you see a young Zelda and Link meet again in the castle...

TP didn't have that sort of ending. And I feel it detracted a bit from the overall experience.

Obviously, this is a matter of opinion, but how could you not get some strong emotion from Link running to find Midna, or for that matter, her breaking the mirror with her tear as she nearly tells Link something important. Hell, even the scene with the Zora queen looking over her son had me choked up a little.

Beautiful. I would probably rank the endings as equal. At the end of both, I just sat there for a second in a stunned silence.

Why the fuck did she do that, anyway? I didn't get that at all.

Seriously. Seems kinda dumb. Didn't seem to make sense in the context of what she was talking about just prior to that, to me at least.

Anyway, personally I really enjoyed the ending and didn't find that it detracted from my gaming experience. I never got all the way through OoT, so I can't really compare the two in that respect even if I wanted to. Great game, great ending as far as I'm concerned.

It really wasn't spelled out; you feel like you just made everything dandy and ushered in a new age of collaboration between the two realms, then that idea just gets vetoed with a single action.

Zelda: Well, I guess we will see you again! We can always come back and hang out! Go shopping and stuff!

Link: Yep. We can chill at your place or sometimes you can come to ours! It'll be cool!

Midna: BANNED.

HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah that confused me a bit as well. Best I could come up with was that she didn't want the events of TP to repeat if someone else were to start some shit.

Several times during the game she reflects (haha) on how mixing the light and twilight can have disasterous results, how dangrous even the mirror itself can be (Yeta), and how that she and Link might have to destroy the mirror themselves.

It really wasn't spelled out; you feel like you just made everything dandy and ushered in a new age of collaboration between the two realms, then that idea just gets vetoed with a single action.

I'm with you on that. I totally thought the two realms were gonna be buddy-buddy after all that, so I was actually pretty shocked by it being shattered. I guess it also makes sense, in that the regular people in the light didn't know what was going on the entire time and maybe are better off not knowing.

Zelda: Well, I guess we will see you again! We can always come back and hang out! Go shopping and stuff!

Link: Yep. We can chill at your place or sometimes you can come to ours! It'll be cool!

Midna: BANNED.

HAHAHAHAHA

LOL, that about sums it up :P.

Midna knew she couldn't stay within the light realm, as surely as Link wouldn't be able to remain within the twilight realm. If the mirror hadn't been destroyed, there would always be the possibility that she (or he) could return to the other, with potentially disasterous results for both worlds. Given the instability of love and the irrationality it can induce, she obviously determined it to be better if the temptation did not exist, even at the cost of the love she had only recently come to develop.

Side note: Am I the only one who noticed how .... eurasian Link looked?

Midna knew she couldn't stay within the light realm, as surely as Link wouldn't be able to remain within the twilight realm. If the mirror hadn't been destroyed, there would always be the possibility that she (or he) could return to the other, with potentially disasterous results for both worlds. Given the instability of love and the irrationality it can induce, she obviously determined it to be better if the temptation did not exist, even at the cost of the love she had only recently come to develop.

That, and with the mirror destroyed no pesky sages could try shovelling all of Hyrule's shitty people through the gate.

That, and with the mirror destroyed no pesky sages could try shovelling all of Hyrule's shitty people through the gate.

So NOW what will they do? Kill them or something? The only prison in the game was kind of a dump, if you ask me.