Final Fantasy XII

Dyne

Have any of you guys tried the so called "Enforced Class challenge"?

Its a challenge where you start a new game, and build each character as a distinct "class" or job by allowing them certain weapons, abilities, and stat modifiers on the board and restricting them access to certain others in order to make them all unique.

Like if you made a character a "Ninja", a character could use motes (as Ninjutsu) and some limited Green/Arcane magic (the enfeebles like blind etc). They'd have access to all Ninja Swords, and up to a certain level of Daggers.

Or if you made someone a "Red Mage", they'd have access to all magic forms except summoning, but they'd only be able to go up to 2nd or 3rd level magic spells (I can't remember off the top of my head.). They'd also be able to use swords, but no shields and only a certain number of magic and physical augments to make them the jack of all trades but master of none.

There's a whole FAQ for it over at Gamefaqs. I think some of the restrictions are a bit too rigid, but hey it is self enforced so you can probably make an exception or two. Generally though I think I may try it, it sounds sort of cool. Challenging.

i just take a look at the faqs. The problem i see is your forced to take some license who are not defined for your class to progress, because magic license are not contiguous for exemple. And the augment? they are scattered, how can you take what you need without unlocking something else.

I think it's a shame that the classes aren't defined though. I can see how people can try the classes deal, but I don't think it'd matter much. I try to specialize a bit with my characters, but they end up being all-masterful mage knights.

It's a self-imposed challenge, sort of like a FF7 no-materia game I guess, although that's much more restrictive. (I guess the equivalant would be no licence board, but that's more equivalant to an FFX no-anything challenge.) Thinking about it, it's probably closer to one of the FFT challenges, like "all squires" or "Ramza only". I wouldn't even think about trying it until I've beat the game once or twice though.

And no licence board would be a VERY interesting challenge - I'm guessing you'd probably want to just level up a lot, and make sure you've got plenty of usable items. Having only two gambit slots would make things more difficult, unless you used "Wait" mode (I don't, it's just more fun that way I think).

Wow, you guys are a lot farther than I am... level 32 lol. But then, I've been busy with homework and shtuff. I have the lp * 2 accessory on all my chars, so like what level will I be at when I get everything on the license board? I am just wondering if I should do the exp * 2 accessory instead...

Depends on if you're trying to totally max out the license board. I wish I'd focused on level more, since I'm restricting characters to certain kinds of weapons/armor/abilities. I've been buying the licenses with my extra points for a bunch of armor I'll never equip.

Enter a room with 16 chests arranged neatly in a 4x4 manner. One of them contains a zodiac spear while the others are filled with knot of rust's.

The chest with the spear is very close to the room's entrance.

---------

|o o o o|

|o o o o|

|o o o o|

|o x o o|

---| |---

entrance

the spear is in the chest marked x.

You get a knot of rust from all the chests? That's weird. It is true that there exists a %chance to give certain items in FF12's treasure chests, but the chests in this room are different. 15 of them has a 100% chance to drop knot of rust, and 1 of them has a 100% chance to drop a zodiac spear. They can't even give gil since chance of that happening is 0%.

I don't think the order of which you open the chests matter. At least no note about it is written in my game guidebook. I don't know what kind of problem you're having... but loading an earlier savegame to try it again might help.

Just a hunch, but I don't think the chests would actually respawn. :wink: If you can't reload the game to an earlier point then better start teaching Basch how to use a katana.

Well Ill try tomorrow to see if they respawn. Im at the last point before the final battles, and Im not too worried about being able to beat them. still, zodiak spear would be nice for trying to get zodiark. oh well!

Hey another question. how do I get good things from Rabanastre Muthru Bazaar, like Bubble Belt and Bravery and whatnot? Or how do I buy things from inside the airship? Hunts?

Thanks in advance.

Well Ill try tomorrow to see if they respawn. Im at the last point before the final battles, and Im not too worried about being able to beat them. still, zodiak spear would be nice for trying to get zodiark. oh well!

Hey another question. how do I get good things from Rabanastre Muthru Bazaar, like Bubble Belt and Bravery and whatnot? Or how do I buy things from inside the airship? Hunts?

Thanks in advance.

Alright guys.

Your Zodiac Spear is gonna be in that chest already mentioned. If you didn't find it, you screwed up somewhere and opened a chest you shouldn't have. Now, the only place you'll find it is in the Henne Mines in a secret location that takes a minute and a half to get to and has only a 1/100 chance of being there. This equals roughly 5 hours of nonstop searching to get the spear. I do not recommend.

Getting good things in the Muthru Bazaar (I assume the "clan" bazaar) is achieved through completing mark hunting. For every new title you recieve, new things are available to purchase at the Clan Provider.

Bravery, Faith, and other strong magic only become available after you progress the game to a certain point. However, there are a few instances that only one merchant will sell a strong Magic (i.e. "Telekenisis" from the Benkamy merchant inside the Necrohol of Nabudis or "Ardor" from the bangaa merchant in the furthest north section of the Barheim Passage). If you can't find the magic you're looking for, it's probably not available to you yet.

To buy things from the airships, you have to have progressed far enough in the game that you use the Aerodome. Choose any flight other than "private" and pick the first option. There are 2 "bars" where you can buy simple items from. There's nothing of value on the airships unless you're completing the hunt associated with it.

As for Hunts, there are a ton them. 40 I believe, so if you have a question on one of them I can help you out. You gotta be specific.

Bravery, Faith, and other strong magic only become available after you progress the game to a certain point.

Bravery and Faith are the only spells that are only sold in the Muthru Bazaar. Other items of note that can be bought there are the Bubble Belt (Equip: Bubble), and the Nihopalaoa (Equip: Reverse).

The Muthru Bazaar shop's inventory depends on the clan rank of the player.

Thanks in advance.

I think that, to get the zodiac spear, you have to NOT be wearing Diamond Armlet in the Nabudis chests. However, you have to be wearing it if you want the spear from the Henne Mines.

Nihopalaoa (Equip: Reverse).

Not really it just reverse the effect of potion. if an ennemy kick you, you still received damage.

I'd like to point out, if it hasn't been done yet, where the true usefulness of that item lies.

If the user uses, say, an Echo Herb on the enemy, the enemy will become Silenced [with a higher hit %'age than actually casting Silence, noless]. And yes, Remedies DO work. Of course, though, if they're immune, they're immune.