Final Fantasy XII

Dyne

This is the lower levels of the Pharos, or am I misunderstanding?

'Cause for the Pharos, you need to "light" the pedestals in each "corner" [right in the "main" part of the corner, ie: the first room] with varying numbers of Black Orbs til it says you can't put anymore on/in. Once you do that in all four corners, you can take the elevator to the next floor down.

Ok, thanks. Shouldn't be too hard. All the monsters go down easy at lvl 92-94. Major thanks to The Orichalcon for info about the leveling trick.

Don't pick up the black orbs when they drop. If you leave them, they'll float off to a particular spot on the map after 10 seconds or so and give you 3 instead of the 1 you'd get if you picked it up from the enemies. Just watch the orb and keep an eye on where it floats off to so you know where to go to pick up the final one. You can quickly get 30 orbs by killing only 10 enemies that drop them.

Don't pick up the black orbs when they drop. If you leave them, they'll float off to a particular spot on the map after 10 seconds or so and give you 3 instead of the 1 you'd get if you picked it up from the enemies. Just watch the orb and keep an eye on where it floats off to so you know where to go to pick up the final one. You can quickly get 30 orbs by killing only 10 enemies that drop them.

OHHHHHHHHHHH.

I was wondering why the large ones seemed to just randomly appear.

Heh, shame I've already finished that bit, then.

But that would violate RPG rules. 34 year olds are only available as supporting characters. The lead always needs to be a teenager or very early 20's

I lol'd....

Anyways FFXII was the Final Fantasy that restored my hope in the franchise, with VI being the last great FF before Square got caught up in the FMVs of FFVII, (don't get me wrong, I love VII, but some points of the game had me so bored...) never played VIII or XI, heard they were "okay" though. The linear gameplay of X, any real FF fan wouldn't count FFX-2 if their life depended on it, and XI feels like work to me(thank jeebus for WoW =D). FFXII was a breath of fresh air in the series. With the new real-time fighting and he story of politics, redemption, and all the other goodness in the game, I couldn't put it down till it was finished...the characters were developed and had me feel I was right there with them tryin to figure out what the hell was going on. I can't wait for E3 to see what XIII has in store =)

My main party was Vaan, Basch, and Fran. With the other 3 just there to Revive my main party when they died =D (don't have time to level up everybody like i used to, hence I couldnt do too many sidequests lol)

and that's my two cents...

Really? I'm playing ff6 for the first time on the DS(it's a gba game, I know) and I don't see what everyone else sees in it. I think it was so popular because it was a great game back in 94'. But now, I'm looking for the scattered party members after kefka destroyed the world and it's boring. The game doesn't hold interest like it should. Anyway, I'm at the third level down, the abyssal, and going to get the staff of the magi for Ashe. I already know how to get it. But the sad part is, I haven't gotten any good items from chests except for dragon wisker which is actually weaker than all my current weapons. All I get is 1 gil in them. Last, I think they should have made a different way to get to the next level. The black orbs are fine for one time, but the other(s) should have different methods.

Really? I'm playing ff6 for the first time on the DS(it's a gba game, I know) and I don't see what everyone else sees in it. I think it was so popular because it was a great game back in 94'. But now, I'm looking for the scattered party members after kefka destroyed the world and it's boring. The game doesn't hold interest like it should. Anyway, I'm at the third level down, the abyssal, and going to get the staff of the magi for Ashe. I already know how to get it. But the sad part is, I haven't gotten any good items from chests except for dragon wisker which is actually weaker than all my current weapons. All I get is 1 gil in them. Last, I think they should have made a different way to get to the next level. The black orbs are fine for one time, but the other(s) should have different methods.

1) NO

2) SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

AND JUST TO KEEP THIS GAME ON DISCUSSION, I just beat the game and this overall, though a totally different experience, was pretty entertaining.

Even if you don't know what you're doing you can regather the scattered members in under 4 hours. If you know what you're doing you can do it in under 2 hours. It's not that hard.

This is quite possibly my least favorite...I hated almost every aspect of this game. The battle system was horrid for me and I really didn't like the characters that much. I also felt that the in-game voice acting was terrible quality compared to the FMVs. However it is hard to follow a game like Final Fantasy X.

This is quite possibly my least favorite...I hated almost every aspect of this game. The battle system was horrid for me and I really didn't like the characters that much. I also felt that the in-game voice acting was terrible quality compared to the FMVs. However it is hard to follow a game like Final Fantasy X.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Personal preference at it's best. Some hate it, some love it. I happen to love it. I even thought the voice acting was awesome, and I also loved the battle system and the story better then FFX. For me, no love story = better story.

find yourself a girl

and regardless of the love story or whatever ffx just sucked

horribly

and arek high five for the ff6 comment!

Yiazmat is such a buttmunch...he keeps killing my leader so I can't go do other things cause you have to change your party leader or whatever. Grrr. I gave up after about an hour and all my party had done was take away like three of the stupid little dots. I guess I'll try to level them up some more, but it takes forever since they're all like level 70/71. Any suggestions as the best place to level them up?

Yiazmat is such a buttmunch...he keeps killing my leader so I can't go do other things cause you have to change your party leader or whatever. Grrr. I gave up after about an hour and all my party had done was take away like three of the stupid little dots. I guess I'll try to level them up some more, but it takes forever since they're all like level 70/71. Any suggestions as the best place to level them up?

I asked the same question. Start reading from here.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4757&page=30

My characters are all 95. I got the last 5 levels at the underground pharos. And as a side note,

!!!!???!????

I spent all that time trying to get the staff of the magi and it isn't the best staff? It was weaker then the cloud staff that I had equiped when I got it. Biggest letdown I had in this game.

I asked the same question. Start reading from here.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4757&page=30

My characters are all 95. I got the last 5 levels at the underground pharos. And as a side note,

!!!!???!????

I spent all that time trying to get the staff of the magi and it isn't the best staff? It was weaker then the cloud staff that I had equiped when I got it. Biggest letdown I had in this game.

Ahhhhhhh thank you! That henne mines trick is friggin amazing! Three of my members just went up 10 levels in about an hour and a half...gonna do the other ones later. Yey for exploiting gambits!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha...

Hahaha...

Hahahaha...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

*Dies*

You sir, are a comedic genius!

No, but seriously, FFXII is not only a breath of fresh air as far as JRPGs go, but it is also one of the best FFs out there. I'm willing to say that it's on the level of FFIV and VII. After playing through the game and watching the ending, I don't see how there will be that many games that can top it.

VIII definitely had some awesome atmosphere, great concept and several of my favorite FF characters(Laguna, Ellone, Raine, and pretty much anyone Laguna interacted with during his side of the game). Another reason I loved FFVIII so much was the fact that it had the first insert song, Eyes on Me, in any FF game(and coincidentally, the only one to get it right other than FFXII).

FFX seemed way too drab to me. The sphere grid system was extremely limited(I didn't even know what I should have done with Kimhari and Rikku), voice acting was pretty bad for the lead roles(he was much more believable in Ratchet and Clank and Hedy Burress was just too soft spoken). The concept was cool enough and I loved Auron and Jeckt, but the scenarios and plot placement was rather shoddy what with the whole mentioning that Sin was Tidus's father not only what I thought was too early, but not emphasized and dealt with enough.

The game had a bunch of cool points, like CTB battles, BLITZBALL!!!(seriously SE, release a much more expanded version of this game), introduction of voice-acting into the series, top-notch FMVs at 60 frames(I think that was the count), and Bender(Wakka should have had Bender's personality. That would have made the game that much more awesome), so I'll cut the game some slack, but there were other elements about it that just made it bleh to me. I haven't even gone into the massive amounts of lame that is Seymour, but I'll leave that one for another day.

Licenses.

WTF? No point at all... just let the chars learn magic as they level like a normal video game. It makes equipment shopping a huge rectal pain and you end up choosing your pics based on where you happened to have spent your license points.

Because with the liscense system, the idea of having classes is completely eliminated. You can make a Black and Green Mage, a White Mage with Barehanded who can beat the crap out of opponents and then heal themselves, a Time Mage who is proficient with guns... whatever. There's no limit on who can learn or wear what at all, just all-out awesomeness.