OCR01521 - Final Fantasy X "Via"

djpretzel

How long has this utterly amazing remix been hiding in my music collection? Far too long. I've always loved the original, but when I was sorting through my music and I found this gem it gave me a far more awesome appreciation for the original song. Absolutely powerful and amazing.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
As I always say I'm still improving, and that song is over a year old now, so it's pretty unrepresentative of my performing now, but I do agree, when I look back and listen it's somethin that I could have worked on.

I know nothing of stringed instruments, but are you serious? The guitar fits perfectly in this song and I wouldn't want you to change a thing! This is a great mix, one of my favorites on the whole site. And if your guitar has improved? Well then even better, I look forward to hearing more from you :smile:

• 1 month later...

Everything was awesome except I think the lead guitar tone was a little overly brittle, and a little too far forward in the mix. Besides that, it was exceptionally good. Great beats, nice piano and acoustic guitar, and Jill sounds fantastic. A good atmosphere and nice melodies put me in a good mood anytime, and this mix does it all well.

• 1 year later...

I can't believe I haven't commented on this mix before. Absolutely beautiful interpretation. To me, it's like the song has been given a Motoi Sakuraba face-lift upon the original Via piano melody. Haunting female vocals? Check. Cool acoustic guitar strumming in the background? Check. Electric guitar licks plus solo? Double check. I also like the fact that you took the complexity and rhythm of the main piano melody from the Piano Collections version rather than the original in-game track. I love both, but the former is a bit cooler.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01521 - Final Fantasy X "Via"