The Mute

.mp3 link:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=4337115&key=FD5CCEAF-0

Themes used:

*The Legend of Zelda theme

*Ganondorf's theme

*Zelda's Lullaby

--------------------------------------------------

I know I said I was going to work on my Song of Healing WIP, but I found this one in my files and decided to play with it instead. :wink:

This is supposed to be a medley of sorts... kind of like a movie soundtrack. I dunno. It's kinda cheesy, but I like it. :lol:

I don't know what else to say about it. So I guess the floor is open for discussion.

takes way too long to kick in. The snare pattern gets a lil repetative. Also maybe find another snare sample that hits on some high frequency levels and layer it in with the current snare. A more militaristic sounding snare might be more appropiate.

the section starting around 3 was really good. I'd almost say scratch or completely rework the whole first part and focus on what you got after the first section. It def provides more emotion and also sounds more like goodness that we've come to know as The Mute.

Besides the first part. Some more movement in the arrangement could add some nice flavoring to the mix.

takes way too long to kick in.

Yeeeah... I know. I know, and yet I left it that way. For shame. :lol:

The snare pattern gets a lil repetative...

I thought so... but then it's kind of hard to find good samples for that sort of thing.

:? So I dunno. I'll put it on my list of things to scour for. Not that I know a damn thing about percussion anyway. Research is never a bad thing. ^^

the section starting around 3 was really good. I'd almost say scratch or completely rework the whole first part and focus on what you got after the first section.

Awesome. I'll admit to being quite reluctant about scratching the first section... but I'd have to agree. I just wanted to see how it'd fly first. I try to be clever and it doesn't always work out.:lol: I guess I could leave it in an extended version or something. Most people don't like 5 minute+ remixes anyway. :roll:

It def provides more emotion and also sounds more like goodness that we've come to know as The Mute.

The Mute has goodness? Oh happy day! Too bad everything can't be ambient piano, eh?

Besides the first part. Some more movement in the arrangement could add some nice flavoring to the mix.

Yeeeah... I suppose I'll divulge a little secret here... I started this one two years ago, just like my last post. I worked up this version of it in pretty much one day. So this is basically three or four different ideas sandwiched into one mix. And it shows. My mom liked it. Does that count? :lol: