METROID-Kraid Hip Hop

Cerrax

Okay so I've been tossing around this idea for some time and with my recent purchase of Logic 7 :D I have come up with this song.

It is Kraid's Lair from Metroid. A very well known and often used song, but never been done as a rap song. Here's what I've got so far. Any comments help, and or rap lyrics would be appreciated. (I am white and and I can't rap worth a damn :P)

Go ahead gimme the good the bad and the ugly:

http://www.cerrax.com/Kraid%20new%203.mp3

ed]BTW, *cough*sig*cough*

I know, I know. I've been MIA for a while but now I'm back. I had a good Ganon remix going but I lost it because something terrible went wrong with GB and it won't play it. Fear not! My WIP will make the deadline!

Just to let you know I've got a lot on my plate.

Pokemon Project (3 songs)

Mega Man 4 Project (1 song)

CtC Project (1 song)

Remix: ThaSauce Arbiter

Newgrounds MAC6 November (1 song)

Not to mention un-internet stuff like school, 2 jobs, a girlfriends, family, friends....

Yes! hip hop

In classic N64 golden eye award style I ask:

Where's the bass?

the part going from 0:52 is pretty cool. But, the strings are overpowering. And especially once that synth comes in at 1:12, you can barely hear the drums at all.

Its not that "changes" are bad...I think that although unorthodox in genres they have the potential to make really cool songs, if used properly...but here there's just too much stuff going on and the drums are getting drowned out. I did like the switch-up with the piano though.

I never heard the original so I can't really comment on the arrangement.

Good effort so far though

EDIT: hahaha i had my bass turned all the way down when i first listened to it. Now everythings sounds better. But I still basically stand by the things I said before, just to a lesser extent. I think you should have some sort of bassline goin' instead of only having the kick for the bass. It doesn't have to be something too complex for this song.

Just my thoughts.