Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)

DarkeSword

Dear all,

I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum who supported and helped with releasing my first CD, "Legends: Fantasy Violin"!!! The CD is now released, and I am happy to share a free download of the album title song, "Legends", with all of you - please visit http://www.fantasyviolin.com/music.html to download this track!

I am also working on the new project right now, - a new fantasy violin release "Excalibur", and I would be very grateful if you would check out the project at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/okrusko/legends-fantasy-violin-cd-and-new-single-excalibur and help spread the word about it!

excalibur_pic.jpg

Thank you very, very much for being there!!!

Julia

I'm a backer. They're currently $1,246 short of their goal with 37 hours left as of this posting. From their project page:

TOKYO GAMING SHOWCASE Album Bundle / Event Series

Indie game-focused 10-album music bundle, streaming concerts, and coverage of Square Sounds and the Tokyo Game Show.

Reporting live from Japan, the three-week Tokyo Gaming Showcase documents this year's Tokyo Game Show and Square Sounds concert. We will also be bringing behind-the-scenes coverage of our Tokyo Indie Underground talk event, Indie Game Dance Party and Chip Rivals Osaka show.

• 2 weeks later...

As a long-time fan of video games, I'm always glad when I see efforts to preserve them for future generations. I'm similarly a fan of Wikipedia, and have been very impressed for a couple of years now with a guy named Evan-Amos, who has contributed an impressively extensive amount of video game hardware photography to it.

I was a bit surprised to see that he recently began a Kickstarter project, to help further his work in this area. I was happy to see it, and think it's a worthwhile effort to help document the history of video games, and preserve that history for the future.

I'm not connected to the project, but just became a backer, and thought I would pass the project along to those who might share that interest here.

Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1699256938/the-vanamo-online-game-museum

Wikimedia page:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos/VideoGames

I keep meaning to mention this, and now it's getting closer to the home stretch: Cyan, developers of the legendary adventure games Myst and Riven, have a project going for a brand-new game, Obduction. It'll be a first-person adventure in a similar vein to their previous titles, but rendered in real-time using Unreal Engine 4. Myst was one of the first games I ever loved, and I've been a fan of Cyan ever since; this is basically their first new IP in almost two decades. They still have nine days to make about $300k, and Oculus Rift support is promised as the first stretch goals, so take a look if this piques your interest.

My good friend and video game music journalist Audun "Akumu" Sorlie and Matthew "Maffew" Gregg of Botchamania are putting together a unique book project documenting the history behind wrestling videogames, beginning with the NES all the way up to today. This project will have never-before-seen interviews with development teams such as AKI (who you might know as the developers of legendary N64 wrestling games such as WCW vs. NWO World Tour,) as well as wrestling superstars new and old. The book will also feature artwork by Minecraft's graphic designer Junkboy. Be sure to show them your support, especially if you're a wrestling fan!

Wrestling With Pixels: The World Tour Of Wrestling Games

I am managing a new orchestral game concert called the United Video Game Symphony, with arrangements provided by many other game community fans, some of which come from OCReMix (such as Flexstyle, XPRTNovice, Chernabogue, and others). The concert program is voted on by fans like you guys, creating a unique concert developed directly from your input!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1399369938/the-united-video-game-symphony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(For those new to Tim's amazing music, check out the list of his Video game soundtracks on Wikipedia.)

Tim Follin, one of my favorite video game composers EVER, is running a crowd-funding campaign for his HTML5 game called Contradiction. His game idea is interesting, he's doing the music himself, and he needs pledges to help make it happen! Seriously, look at some of the games he's composed music for over three decades:

1. Bubble Bobble

2. Bionic Commando

3. Ghouls 'n Ghosts

4. Silver Surfer

5. Indiana Jones

6. Gauntlet

7. Spider-Man

9. Batman & Robin

9. Bust-a-Move

10. Ecco the Dolphin

He's especially known for doing

and composing
. If you want to hear even more about what Tim's long-spanning and impressive career, I also did a podcast interview with him.

Jasco Games, with Capcom's approval, is presently Kickstarting a board game based on the original Mega Man. It seems like an interesting concept and sounds fairly complex. The Kickstarter has already met its goal, but there are still plenty of stretch goals and add-ons to the core game set to be met. I'm not that fond of how some of their target amounts only unlock bonus features that you have to pay a little extra to include in what your backer reward level already nets you. Feel free to check out their Kickstarter page and decide if it's worth your time and money.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1821440755/mega-mantm-the-board-game

• 4 weeks later...

La-Mulana 2 kickstarter

If you haven't played the first one, you can get the remake 90% off ($1.49) on Steam today. It's also available on WiiWare. Basically a really unforgiving Indiana Jones Metroidvania full of traps and cryptic puzzles. I hope you aren't against occasionally using guides. :<

(Also it has good music)

For those who are interested, Erutan aka katethegreat19 has put up a Kickstarter for her new album, The Court of Leaves. It's an instrumental album of traditional Celtic and Medieval music. Based on the preview, it sounds amazing.

The Kickstarter has already more than doubled the goal within the first day, but still plenty of time to support it. The concept for the physical CD is looking really nice, I'm excited for this. I recommend checking it out if you like her music, or are interested in Celtic music.

Hi guys and gals!!

I found out today a kickstarter worth of all gamer attention. If you are a fan of Metroid specifically, check it out.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/variagames/reven

Fixed that for ya :tomatoface:

Nah, but seriously, While I don't think I'll kickstart it, I'll keep an eye on it b/c I love the Metroid series, so if someone makes a decent clone/derivative, I'd probably be willing to play it.

Right after Nintendo Power died, a group of journalists/writers/bloggers/artists in the Nintendo community and created Nintendo Force Magazine, the spiritual successor to NP. After a successful first year, they're turning to Kickstarter to fund the printing of their second year and also organize subscriptions for the next year. I just checked out the current issue and really enjoyed it. There's was a great article/interview about Shovel Knight and even a two page spread on Project M! I think it carries the legacy of NP pretty well and was a very entertaining and informative read on it's own.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/910078610/nf-magazine-year-2-subscriptions

• DarkeSword changed the title to Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)