Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)

DarkeSword

• 3 weeks later...

For those looking for old school gameplay (RPG-ish) and some nice SciFi graphics, take a look at StarCrawlers:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125859261/starcrawlers

They've almost reached their goal with 19 days to go, but more money can't hurt, right?

Procedurally generated starships to loot and explore in first person-mode, baddies to fight in a RPG-ish style using different classes and skills... Sounds great to me!

• 1 month later...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/397981048/pixel-noir-pc-mac-ios-android-ps4-vita

"Pixel Noir", the first title from indie startup SWDTech Games. An effort to return to classic JRPG gameplay and 16-bit aesthetics, with modern enhancements, as well as offering a mature storytelling experience styled on 'film-noir', 'hard-boiled detective' tales. The OC ReMix connection: Kunal (ktriton) Majmudar is the founder and main creative force, and will do all the music; Luke (A_Rival) Esquivel is main programmer; I myself am with the marketing team, having provided a teaser trailer, animated logo and a 'motion comic', based on Maximo Lorenzo's work, that will likely be presented as one of many cutscenes throughout the game. Please give us your consideration.

Hey Kickstarter Central! Shameless (okay, a little ashmed) promotion here for what is essentially my dream. I'm trying to fund a project called Nintendo Underdogs Reorchestrated—it's essentially like PREO and ZREO except it's not specific to one game or series.

GGVXoam.png?1

Nintendo’s most recognizable tunes have already been orchestrated by some group or another, so instead of orchestrating the main Mario theme, Pokémon theme, and other all-stars, I’ve decided to set my sights on some of the less famous music from Nintendo’s library. After all, fan-favorites and hidden gems all deserve their time in the spotlight... So I’m here to give it to them!

What music will be in NUREO? There are very few songs set in stone for the album, because I have a list of over 150 songs that I'd like to reorchestrate eventually. But there really are no guidelines to what Nintendo music constitutes an "underdog." I'm digging into themes as obscure as Joy Mech Fight and themes as famous as Super Mario Bros. 2, so there's going to be an incredible variety for all Nintendo fans to enjoy.

Why Kickstarter? Like similar fan projects, NUREO will use a library of high-quality MIDI samples to mimic a realistic, fully orchestral sound. I currently have a small library of basic orchestral MIDI instruments, which I use to create the music you can hear in the Kickstarter video above. But unfortunately, these samples can often sound too synthetic and unrealistic. The funds I hope to raise through Kickstarter will go directly towards upgrading my music software so that NUREO will finally achieve a rich, authentic orchestral sound.

Where will the money go? I'm asking for $6000 to fund NUREO, and I'm going to use it to cover many different things. The vast majority of that money (right around $4,800 for the number people) will go towards updating my sound library with professional orchestral samples that far outclass what you've heard in the video. Amazon and Kickstarter can then take up to 10% of the raised funds as service fees, which brings my expenditures up to $5400. I've also set aside a small fallback fund, which accounts for the unlikely event that 4% of all donated pledges (which is twice Kickstarter's average) are rejected by creditors, bringing me up to $5640. The remaining $360 will go towards fulfilling backer rewards—that is, producing and shipping CDs, shirts, and the other goodies you can see in the fancy little bar to your right.

Here's the link to the project if you want to check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

Would any of you be interested in heading up the kickstarter for my ff9 oratorio project?

Goal: $20K

pm for more details or refer to jillian aversa's project KS for some of my ideas about this project.

Edited by GSO

Would any of you be interested in heading up the kickstarter for my ff9 oratorio project?

Goal: $20K

pm for more details or refer to jillian aversa's project KS for some of my ideas about this project.

OCRemix got into a bit of a legal scuffle for doing a final fantasy 6 album kickstarter. So... you know, beware.

• 4 weeks later...

A guy I met at MAGFest just started a Kickstarter for his game Combat Core:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1518707381/combat-core-high-powered-arena-brawler

Its a 4 player 3D fighting game that looks pretty cool. I approached him about making music for it, and he said he would want me to get paid before I wrote a soundtrack for him. So hey, if he reaches his goal and gets an audio budget I may have myself a composing gig :P If anyone is interested, check it out.

LeVar Burton is using Kickstarter to fund a revival of Reading Rainbow. They already hit their million dollar goal in the first day but there's still a lot of time left to see that counter go twice as high (and then some!).

That was the worst pun ever, and I'd say you should be ashamed of yourself, but I'm disappointed I didn't think of it first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • DarkeSword changed the title to Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)