Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)

DarkeSword

Here's something that I'd really like to see happen: Temporus is aiming to put platformer, SHUMP and RPG together in one scifi adventure. Those are quite possibly the three genres that get me playing lately. But the real USP is that C-Jeff is marked down as the musician. I mean.. you know..

Anyway, I pledged my $10 for the digital copy of the game and I hope a lot of you will pledge various sums for various reward levels too.

Here's the Kickstarter for a game some friends of mine have been developing: Bacon Man: An Adventure. If you're a fan of games like Earthworm Jim, Rayman, and Mega Man, you'll probably like Bacon Man. Plus the soundtrack is great. The game is currently on Steam Greenlight as well. Really worth checking out.

The biggest thing since "Sliced Bread", one of the most popular Kickstarter campaigns of all time -- please help make my dreams a reality! :-D

http://kck.st/1qRSiHy

Edit: Yesss! The Kickstarter is a success, but DEFINITELY get your pledges in. It's gonna be worth it!!

You sold me.

Not selling Cash, but accepting cash, and mailing out physical CDs :-) Or emailing the EP for as little as a $1 pledge :-)

Yeah, I guess with Kickstarter it's not actually selling. :-D I like s'mores and I like music, I'll pledge to that (I did pledge to that)!

Yeah, I guess with Kickstarter it's not actually selling. :-D I like s'mores and I like music, I'll pledge to that (I did pledge to that)!

Sweet!! Thank you! :-D I bought a new guitar and fully plan to use it on the album I'm gonna release/print thru this KS, so I have high hopes that you will find it worth it :-)

I was going to make a KS video and change the stuff so it looks more music-focused, but my camera is broken, and it nuked my SD card which had pictures and video of family, and a pet who passed on.. made me super sad... not sure how/when I'll get a video together, but hopefully the KS will look a little more serious at that point.

Here's the Kickstarter for a game some friends of mine have been developing: Bacon Man: An Adventure. If you're a fan of games like Earthworm Jim, Rayman, and Mega Man, you'll probably like Bacon Man. Plus the soundtrack is great. The game is currently on Steam Greenlight as well. Really worth checking out.

I feel strangely compelled to back that project.

Also, pretty funny trailer for the game.

Here's something that I'd really like to see happen: Temporus is aiming to put platformer, SHUMP and RPG together in one scifi adventure. Those are quite possibly the three genres that get me playing lately. But the real USP is that C-Jeff is marked down as the musician. I mean.. you know..

Anyway, I pledged my $10 for the digital copy of the game and I hope a lot of you will pledge various sums for various reward levels too.

More than that, if they can reach 25k (their first stretch goal, although they're struggling to meet their main goal), there will be a remix album with virt, Jeff Ball, coda, Mitch Murder, and Vince DiCola (& Kenny Meriedeth) of Rocky IV/Transformers: The Movie (1986) fame!

Just a few days left to support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firebelly/temporus

Okay, so first things first...

Yes, this is my first post, but I swear I'm not just trolling to try to drum up support for my project. I mean, I AM trying to drum up support, but I've been meaning to join the community for a while. This just pushed me over the edge.

Anyway, the project. We've called it "A.V.", and the basic idea is that you can only see in the world by producing sound. To play off of that, we've built it around a musical theme and we're hooking the whole world up to tie into the underlying rhythm. In a way, it's more of a sensory experience than a game, though we are ultimately trying to make it a fully-structured game.

PreviewImageSmall.jpg

We've still got a ways to go, so keep that in mind if you take a look at it.

Here's the actual Kickstarter page.

The project's also up on Greenlight.

The biggest thing since "Sliced Bread", one of the most popular Kickstarter campaigns of all time -- please help make my dreams a reality! :-D

Edit: Yesss! The Kickstarter is a success, but DEFINITELY get your pledges in. It's gonna be worth it!!

I backed this because s'mores are way better than potato salad.

On a semi-related note, I started my own Patreon page. It's sort of like a Kickstarter except this would help pay the ongoing hosting bills of my creative outlets. Hopefully I can break even since I'm currently creating at a loss.

More than that, if they can reach 25k (their first stretch goal, although they're struggling to meet their main goal), there will be a remix album with virt, Jeff Ball, coda, Mitch Murder, and Vince DiCola (& Kenny Meriedeth) of Rocky IV/Transformers: The Movie (1986) fame!

Just a few days left to support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firebelly/temporus

Temporus happily got funded! They'll be setting up PayPal for preorders/stuff which will count towards the stretch goals, I hope that remix album becomes a reality.

10 days left and I'm not sure if I made this clear, but....

There will be a 6 month exclusivity for the backers to have the album, this is from the day it's released..

So if you wanna hear it that's the only way, for 6 months, and then I'll look into where else to release it. Not to mention it'll be cheaper for Kickstarter, you can nab it for only $1 whereas itunes will probably be $10 by default.

Sooooo that's all :-)

edit: HARR!!! I got some of the best most generous friends evah. Thanks y'all :-D

Edited by Brandon Strader

• 2 months later...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1916334303/video-games-live-level-4-lets-do-it-again

Video Games Live is doing another kickstarter to fund their 4th album release: Level 4. The planned line-up so far includes games like: Donkey Kong Country, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Metal Gear Solid 3, Bioshock, Cave Story, Assassin's Creed, and an orchestral take on Jillian Aversa and zircon's Opera mix from the FF6 Balance and Ruin album, among others. There will be other digital albums included as backer rewards including a new piano album of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross music. Definitely worth looking into.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1916334303/video-games-live-level-4-lets-do-it-again

Video Games Live is doing another kickstarter to fund their 4th album release: Level 4. The planned line-up so far includes games like: Donkey Kong Country, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Metal Gear Solid 3, Bioshock, Cave Story, Assassin's Creed, and an orchestral take on Jillian Aversa and zircon's Opera mix from the FF6 Balance and Ruin album, among others. There will be other digital albums included as backer rewards including a new piano album of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross music. Definitely worth looking into.

Too late for me, I already backed it! Only 3 weeks left until I get to see the show, YAY!

• 1 month later...

Dear community,

in case you haven't heard of it yet: the legendary C64 composer Matt Gray is kickstarting a remake of most of his famous SID tunes - including the whole THE LAST NINJA 2 soundtrack.

The project has already been funded. Now it is all about stretch goals.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1289191009/reformation-c64-track-remakes-by-matt-gray-last-ni

There is already one Last Ninja track online so you know what you will get: https://mattgray1.bandcamp.com/track/central-park-loader-theme-2014-from-the-last-ninja-2 (track will be taken offline once the KS is over).

If you love SID music you should have a look at it. Spread the word! :grin:

477964fc16988ede69e566fd719b7551_large.png?1417376745

A good friend of mine has set up a Kickstarter for an puzzle adventure game he's hoping to make, where you play as a dog and follow his life living with a family throughout several years. The goal's only $1,500 for a Unity Pro license, and there's several nifty stretch goals, including donations to animal charities. So please, spare every little bit you can :) The goal's shown in kroner because of technical issues, but it's otherwise legit.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1557682501/scraps-story-of-a-dog?ref=category_location

Edited by Amayirot Akago

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Kickstarter to fund a free-to-enter video game convention intended to raise money for a local children's hospital. Not sure how many people on OCR are in the Midwest but this event is intended to happen in Grand Rapids, Michigan in July assuming it gets funded. As of this post, it only has just over 24 hours remaining and about $1,300 left to go. The event sounds kind of like a mini-MAGFest for charity with multiple VGM cover bands performing like Super Guitar Bros., Arc Impulse, and Playing with Power! (The frontrunner of which is the guy hosting the event). They also intend to have gaming rooms and a dealers' room, and they've booked the voice actor of Captain N the Game Master as a special guest.

So, if you think you might be in the Grand Rapids area in July, or just want to help enable an event to raise money to provide seriously ill children with toys and video game equipment to make their stay at the hospital at least a little better, give that link a click and check it out. I attended last year's GR8BIT LIVE event, which was just a small scale VGM concert in the back room of a bar with Super Guitar Bros., The X-Hunters, and Playing with Power! performing and that was a blast. Here's a

• 2 weeks later...
  • DarkeSword changed the title to Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)