Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)

DarkeSword

Kinda last-second because I forgot about this thread. Do you remember Descent? (You should!) Did you love it? (Ditto!) Would you play an official prequel made in UE4 by a group of devs who really care about the franchise? Descent: Underground is for you! There's less than 24 hours left, and the goal is within striking distance, so help it out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eimear Noone, composer for Blizzard and main conductor for The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, just announced a Kickstarter called Songs of Zelda: A Link to the Celts. It's an album of Zelda music arranged in a traditional Irish style. I particularly liked how The Windwaker Theme sounded in the promo video.

My heritage is Irish and I love Zelda so Zelda+Irish folk music equals instant epic win.

Guys, HOLD THE PHONE.

Forget about every kickstarter in this thread - the only one that matters is Shenmue 3!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/

I never played 1 & 2, but my heart bled out to the fans that had clammered for this for nearly 15 years. This was a sequel that needed to be made long ago - and with enough fan support, it would absolutely get there!

I'm sorry, I am so excited for this right now :D

I never played 1 & 2, but my heart bled out to the fans that had clammered for this for nearly 15 years.

I'm trying to think of how to put in to words what this announcement means to me (and probably many others), so here goes:

I don't play video games anymore. Not because I don't want to, but because life has sort of moved on. My priorities have changed, and though I look forward to a less hectic time when my kids are a little older and I can introduce them to video games and get back into it myself. for now, though, and for several years now, I'm done.

But after I got home from working 14 hours (and would be working again in 6), settled into bed, and checked my phone before going to sleep, a friend clued me in to the announcement and I immediately went on my computer to view the kickstarter. I didn't watch any of the videos or read anything on the page. I saw that within hours it was already 3/4ths funded so there was no question that it would be fully funded soon. That didn't matter either. I found my credit card, pledged more money than I reasonably should, and went to sleep.

For me, Shenmue 3 is the video game version of Chinese Democracy. I never thought it would happen. The announcement of FFVII is great but I knew it would happen at some point. I had entirely given up on Shenmue 3.

And to be completely honest, I don't even care if the game ends up good or successful. Like Chinese Democracy, it'll probably be difficult to make it fun to contemporary audiences because the whole industry has moved on. Not only that, but whatever was revolutionary in the original Shenmue has now been done better by someone else. None of that matters to me, though. All I ever wanted was to see the conclusion. I would have been just as happy if Yu Suzuki had taken the remainder of his script and released it on the internet. I just wanted to see the story end.

FenixDown, on 15 Jun 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Eimear Noone, composer for Blizzard and main conductor for The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, just announced a Kickstarter called Songs of Zelda: A Link to the Celts. It's an album of Zelda music arranged in a traditional Irish style. I particularly liked how The Windwaker Theme sounded in the promo video.

come on guys they're almost there :< I've been hittin' up every relevant twitter account that I can think of to help this project.

"come on guys they're almost there :< I've been hittin' up every relevant twitter account that I can think of to help this project."

come on guys they're almost there...$5K left! ;-)

Songs of Zelda: A Link to the Celts $3k left...

$1k left...

Songs of Zelda: A Link to the Celts $3k left...

$1k left...

$500.00 left...

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just wanted to say I'm working on a Pokémon tribute double album, just in time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the franchise on 2016!

The project is called POKÉMEMORIES, and I'll launch a crowdfunding campaign to make it happen. I'll need your support for this project, so I hope you like it. :)

Best regards from Chile! :D

• 2 months later...

Ghost Police, a 2D shmup combining Game Boy/NES graphical styles being released with A) a licensed soundtrack or B) an original soundtrack by Jake Kaufman using the N163 sound chip if this campaign is successful:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/903742818/jake-kaufman-soundtrack-for-ghost-police

That's right, the campaign is solely to fund Jake's music. Pretty novel for crowdfunding, I think!

Check out the syncing on the pitch trailer.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I wanted to share a project with you guys that I've been working on at Tiny Circuits, It's a Tiny Arcade.

I do a lot of the rework for this company and I also help with running booths for shows.

We made a kickstarter so that we can build them all at once to save coast, and we already hit our goal:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kenburns/tiny-arcade-a-retro-tiny-playable-game-cabinet

When we first made the Tiny OLED screen we didn't think that customers would make this microcontroller into the worlds smallest Game system.

The games that are out don't have sound yet but the newer microcontroller that we are making has built in sound :)

Hopefully this doesn't come off as just spam, I do know how to play the piano, I just never have time for collaborations.

Thanks

Andy / calvinthtedestroyer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Video Games Live: Level 5 is up on Kickstarter. Some of the games to be featured on the album include: Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright, Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Grim Fandango, Ico, and Chrono Cross, with other games waiting in the wings if they meet stretch goals such as: Mother/Earthbound, Okami, Xenogears/saga/blade, and Katamari Damacy. The Kickstarter is already less than $20,000 away from meeting their first goal as of this post. The rewards for the VGL albums have always been generous, but they are stepping it up this time, offering more digital exclusive albums like a Majora's Mask piano album, Top Gear/Horizon Chase OST, collector's editions of Random Encounters' albums, and more.

If you're interested in checking out the Kickstarter page, here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1916334303/video-games-live-level-5-album-and-movie

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

sorry for making a bit of a commercial here but i just wanted to give a quick reminder of the new kickstarter project by Chris Huelsbeck.  

He's creating an orchestral album with the music of TURRICAN 2.. still on of my absolute favorite game soundtracks..  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chris-huelsbeck/turrican-ii-live-orchestra-album-by-chris-huelsbec
(yes the URL is without a "k") 

It's only a few days away from it's goal an just a few $$ short of being funded.. So be sure to check it out.:-P

photo-original.jpg?w=1024&h=576&fit=fill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I saw the Japanese web site yesterday: http://www.finalfantasy.jp/30th/ (it looks totally kickass btw). man, I feel old lol. I have some special projects lined up for next year to Coincide with this

I'm debating on whether to get the 30th anniversary box.(I've heard that the 25th anniversary box was like 300 USD).

• DarkeSword changed the title to Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)
  • 1 month later...

592ed6846e248c44b8d9b91a03a64ea8-dayycrk

Hey! Schematist here! Introducing my team's newest Title FictionSphere! I'm working on some new tracks for the game, which is featured in the video. Any support to the kickstarter, which launched yesterday would be greatly appreciated and while your at help us spread the word! Thank you for your time!

KickStarter Video:

Fallen City(The track used in the game):

• 9 months later...