Naruto Anime - 2017 ReMix ~ 'The Ninja Way' [Main Theme] (Cinematic / Dubstep)

timaeus222

Happy New Year everybody! To celebrate, I'm releasing a brand new ReMix of the Naruto main theme:

I will give a heads-up that this contains significant elements of DUBSTEP, but definitely not anything like dubstep you are probably familiar with. Whatever your tastes are, it's the new year, so let's try to keep an open mind to any and all music!

As a background, I wrote a Naruto ReMix before, in 2012:

I look back on it, and I really do still like what I did in 2012. The production wasn't particularly impactful, and the dubstep execution was only half-decent, but the composition was surprisingly good on the guitar. However, I realized that I could do *much* better today on the general production polish, as well as on the execution of dubstep. So, I wrote this while in my first semester of grad school, in three months, using mainly u-he Zebra2, Xfer Records Serum, 4Front TruePianos, Impact Soundworks' Juggernaut and Resonance libraries, and various commercial drum samples.

This combines cinematic and dubstep aesthetics to create a nuanced, tasteful feel on the low-energy sections, and an aggressive, all-out soundscape on the drops. There was particularly special attention to detail on the dynamics, the "size" of the sound design, and just trying to get every aspect of this mix to be as polished as possible. As usual, I accept any and all opinions, but please keep them civil. :-)