Rastan Trance Remix (Aiming for a club version)

Sir_NutS

So first, big thanks to F4T4L for showing me this song, the bastard has an infinite supply of tranceable tunes.

Here's the original: http://hvsc.tp2.be/C64Music/Galway_Martin/Rastan.sid

And here's my remix:

http://www.sirnuts.com/Music/Sir_NutS-Quimera.mp3

That was a quick demo I made up for F4T4L so he would stop drooling over the idea of a rastan remix :P. So yeah it's a DEMO. It's missing a lot of things(like cymbal crashes, effects, woooshhhes, fairy dust and all the magical things that make up the good boomtiss) and it's halfway done. But the arrangement for this section and a rough mastering work is done there. The transition between sections is very rough and sudden but as I said, it's still missing things that I'll add up later.

It's been quite a while since I posted a mix here, but I've been working in some tunes that will (hopefully) please fans of the genre. Anyways, I wanted it to sound powerful and epic but not too overwhelming, and I think I'm on the right track. As always I appreciate and take in consideration any input. Hope you enjoy this!

Btw, Rastan is sum Conan the Barbarian ripoff videogame, and Quimera is Chimera in spanish, I didn't spell it wrong. :wink:

Main synth seems to be turned up a little too much, aside from that sounds pretty good, but its still pretty standard trance affair, nothing groundbreaking going on but sounds solid enough to get in. That synth halfway through's intro is a bit off and comes in solid but overall it sounds pretty good. There are also a few places sound sound a bit off-key. Obviously I'm not going into too much depth though with this analysis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This might've been like ages now (F4T4L recently showed this to me), but when's the finished version coming? I really like the whole movement you have going on here, and the style of mastering is suiting for this type of mix. (Though somehow the kick could be more prominent, some of the synths have far too much recerb on them in my opinion, resonant keys distort etc; ugly sounding)

Otherwise, post the finished version please!! :S