"Track Switch", Experimentive new tune

RoeTaKa

Hi all, I had an odd idea of having two song ideas of different genres, and merging them into a more complete sound, so the two ideas start to compliment each other more. I wanted to slice some vocals into this, and only had the average default FL wavs, so dont hammer me on that :P.

http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/204408/Track%20Switch.mp3

so, please, lemme hear your thoughts! Cheers.

I like the middle part of the song the best. There is more to it, and it just mor engaging.

I think the combo style is half way working. It def has it's moments of sonic goodness. This might be my personal preference but some more sound in the low end frequencies, or at least more variation in that range could really be a nice addition to this. Also maybe an area with a defined melody cutting through the soundscape would be nice.

Besides that shiznite, all the sounds in this are friggin crazy, production values are high, and well to do something like this even halfway right is an accomplsihment.

Hmmm...this is sweet.

I like the idea. The mastering is a little iffy IMO. The slap bass at 0:20 should be toned down a little bit. Plus I do believe the major rez filtering makes a bit of clipping when it hits the higher freq.

As for the OMGFLDEFAULTZZZ!!11, you hid the 'right now' clip pretty well. 'that was cool' is a little more noticeable and, if you could substitute it for something else, that'd be cool. Not a huge issue.

And for some reason, when I first heard this, I though of Daft Punk's essential selection mixes.

Good stuff all around.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Im sorry if there is some clipping in the filtered sections, my mixing headphones broke last week and currently Im just using ok speakers :(.

Haha im sure the vocals might bug you a little skrypynk, since you're an FL Wizard! I would've loved to have used something else (hey if you know of any good sites with free vocal wavs or mp3's, id love to know!), this was fast work and just a bit of fun.

Cheers avaris, I should've thought more about the melodies so they come together as, you say, a defined melody, that would've been much cooler. You seem to be storming on OC! Hope to see some good stuff from you :wink:.

RoeTaKa...your work always interests me..let's see..

WHOA....wasnt' expecting that *turns down volume*. God thing it's 12 AM, or I would have woken someone up. :P

Anyway...alright so I don't think I can really judge this because I'm not familiar with the sytle at all...either style :lol:

I do like that funky bassline that plays when the guitar (?) plays.

Holy crap man...this is insane...this must've taken quite a bit of editing. :lol:

Nice sweep break. Really relieved alot of the tension in the track.

The production throught the track is magnificent. clear, crisp, hard sounds. Kudos.

Ehhhh....fade out ending, not exactly suitable for this track in my opinion. It needs seomthing a little more explosive.

But other than that, this track is well made. Not something I would particularly listen to for pleasure, but I can sppreciate all the effort put into this. :D

• 2 weeks later...

If the universe only had two queens at least my favorite wouldn't end THERE!

I have so much that I can't get off my chest until roetaka makes sure to take care of my friend!

hahaha he knows I gave him that e-mail instruction!

WHat do you mean a phone, dave said nothing about a phone call.

How dare you try to harRIS me while I'm in public

It's not like the song is so great that I needs your approval!

So atleast IF I MAY BE SO BOLD!!! SO BOLD

IF ITS BOLD ITS MOST IMPORTANT!!! hahaha

If it's BOLD pay close attention because your not going to believe what my mom thought about this song!

I couldn't finish my last helping of spinach Alex!!!

SO DO ME A FAVOR AND KEEP HIM COMPANY ON AIM WHILE I IGNORE HIM SO HE'LL GIVE ME HIS CELL PHONE NUMBER NIGGER!!!

Oh by the way.... check my e-mail when you get up!