Pokémon Sun and Moon - Guzma Battle Theme Remix

DoorFloor

Hello everybody!

I recently made a remix of Guzma's Battle theme from Pokémon Sun and Moon. I really liked the theme while I was playing through Moon, which inspired me to try my hand at a remix! I'm always looking for any constructive criticism, so feel free if you have anything to say. Thanks!   

Hey there! I hope you enjoy it on OCR's forums, and get what you're looking for out of em'.

Guzma's battle theme was actually a pretty badass theme in the game, and frankly a refreshingly tough fight in comparison to his team skull buddies, and his theme did ring out as above the rest in the game, to boot. Nice choice of source, there.

I think you have some great sound choices in this, and the overall arrangement is pretty cool (nice callback to the oldschool battle music in there at 1:40). I think the easiest issue to point out is the mixing balance. There are elements that pop out (like the drums), and the themes and melodies sound like they're in the background, when they really should be more in the 'front' of the mix. Bring out the themes better, pulling back the drums if necessary (don't raise levels if it causes clipping or production issues - lowering other elements can achieve the necessary results as well!).

Great take on the source so far, though. I hope some of the advice you find on here is useful. ;) 

5 hours ago, Gario said:

Hey there! I hope you enjoy it on OCR's forums, and get what you're looking for out of em'.

Guzma's battle theme was actually a pretty badass theme in the game, and frankly a refreshingly tough fight in comparison to his team skull buddies, and his theme did ring out as above the rest in the game, to boot. Nice choice of source, there.

I think you have some great sound choices in this, and the overall arrangement is pretty cool (nice callback to the oldschool battle music in there at 1:40). I think the easiest issue to point out is the mixing balance. There are elements that pop out (like the drums), and the themes and melodies sound like they're in the background, when they really should be more in the 'front' of the mix. Bring out the themes better, pulling back the drums if necessary (don't raise levels if it causes clipping or production issues - lowering other elements can achieve the necessary results as well!).

Great take on the source so far, though. I hope some of the advice you find on here is useful. ;) 

Thank you so much for the feedback! Your advice was very useful. I went back and changed the main parts so they are in the 'front'. The mix now sounds more powerful, which is great!