OCR01522 - Mega Man X "Light in the Fortress"

djpretzel

Is that enough for you?

Ehmmm...sounds good, I'll be checkin it out.

The mix is nothing short of exceptional, and Megaman is the perfect soundtrack for a shred fest. Exactly what I'd expect from a guitar tutoring composist, and now that you've dived into some solid electronic sequencing, you've pretty much got it all.

Nice job, looking forward to a third mix, which you could easily pull from another DoD competition, but I wouldn't mind hearing more electronic/guitar stuff!

Unimaginable beautiful is translated in this short piece. My gosh, the beginning of the song made its impression on me! I was wow'in from the get-go. Every familiar note struck my chords, and I thought I only had one. I'll just say, housethegrate is welcomed with open arms into the electronic realm.

• 3 weeks later...

The intro/outro of this song sounds very good; lots of atmosphere in there.

For me personally, the guitar in this one is walking the thin line between genius and insanity. Most of the time it's fine, but in some places it annoys me so badly that I want to smash my speakers. Luckily, it's more of the former than the latter.

This song leaves me wanting more, but blends into itself well for looping. Great re-interpretation of the original - it's as though this version simply has more feeling to it.

Easily the best X remix of any on the site - not just MMX itself, but of the entire series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

MMX remixes were among the first I downloaded when I really discovered ocremix, so this one's been on my ipod for quite a while. Feels like an updated version of the source, the way it ought to be. Gotta love the 1:45 breakdown. great how the Dr. Light source fits in too. Intro and outro could, interestingly, be my favorite parts of it tho, those just have so much atmosphere to them, atmosphere and force.

I really like the intro on this one; it feels misty and dire like one is walking up to the castle/fortress and then Blam! the castle theme. The mix balances direness without being overly dramatic and has a nice deliberate pacing. I also like the lead guitar, highly rocking, and would recommend checking this one out.

• 2 months later...

Guitar mania! Don't know what to say aside from it is awesome. Electronica is just what the doctor ordered for this song, and while his name is House, I don't think he's the same doctor. :lol: Oh yeah. I'm in a joker mood today. But the shredding on this mix before it hits the "Dr. Light" (also not the same doctor) part is pretty sweet. This is on my Top.....whatever number list for sure.

• 2 years later...

Everyone got their play lists, one for when your wanting to relax, one for when you need to get your work done.. And then there's this LIST, it's your favorite and you absolutlly love every song on it.

In my case it's the AWESOME LIST, and that is where this mix will go. Why? Because whenever I listen to it, I go "THIS IS AWESOME" :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01522 - Mega Man X "Light in the Fortress"