FFTactics - Cid's Jazz Club

Xerol Oplan

Frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing here. I just started throwing together some stuff with Cid's theme from FFT, and it came out like this. Obviously not done yet, just looking for some intermediate feedback.

http://h.xerol.org/f.php?f=228

I'm terrible with percussion in general, and to top it off I have absolutely no idea what it _should_ sound like, so I'm just randomly putting stuff down until it sounds less bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Um, Xerol, the piano in that sounds really off and out and weird. Basically I suggest you decide what you're trying to do instead of throwing random stuff together - it generally helps. Then when you've decided what style you can research basic drum beats for the style and build on them there. That's how I roll.

As mentioned earlier, the timing of the piano is off, and the percussion needs work. You should really have a sense of what you want to do when you start the song, it helps.

Is it me, or did the bass speed up near the end while everything else stayed the same?

|GX