Megalovinia "Hard Revenge"

Aquadango

Hey. 

Guitars definitely sound phony. Shreddage, I presume? Anyway, VST electric guitars sound like crap even with the best sequencing, but some things you can do to make them sound better. 

Automate the string preference and fretboard position so that your virtual guitarist is playing in the correct positions for the phrase, automate portamento speed, switch between down picking and alternate, use the sampled vibrato instead of the horrid lfo, your use of harmonics in the beginning is too excessive and perfect (latter is probably samples fault), I'd also say do your best to include slide ins, but sample libraries are shit at this. 

Furthermore, you only want as much distortion as is absolutely necessary. Even in death metal, getting a sweet twangy sound out of the guitar is what you want, because the harder you play the more the tubes break up and distort. This is why rock guitar players prefer tube amps; you get a constant fluctuation of distortion that really breathes life into the performance and no two notes are ever the same timbre exactly. 

Lastly, your synth is too loud, drums lack punch and it sounds to me like the tracks aren't all being routed to one good room reverb. You want it to sound like the band is jamming in the same place, but don't send the kick and bass.

Set a test tone generator to produce a sine wave at 50hz. Send this tone into a noise gate and set the threshold to immediately where it cuts out the sine. Sidechain the kick drum to the noise gate so that it lets the sine through when it hits (up the attack a bit) and you should have killer, clean (make sure nothing else is down at 50hz) sub bass on your kick that will create enough vibration to give the girl next door an orgasm and rattle her fillings loose.

Hope this helps!