Can REAPER be used as a VST in FLS?

99%+ certain that it cannot be used as a VST.  It is a standalone DAW.

It isn't free.  There is a 60 day trial period that you can evaluate it for, after which you would have to purchase it.  However I have heard that the trial period doesn't actually run out as far as the program is concerned.

You can save stuff and come back to it later.

Basically, if you could use it as a VST, I don't know why you would want to, since you would have to spend a bit of time learning how to use it, and then you would have a lot of redundant functionality.

Switching to Reaper from Logic, currently.

It's also worth bringing up that the playing field is equal, however, some DAWs do some things better than others.  Most of them do different areas of functionality well, and some areas very well.

Reason I bring this up, I have used Logic since 2011, and am switching to Reaper.  Logic does really good midi work, and Reaper does not as good midi work, this is something that quite a few people agree with.  However, I'm moving away from using midi altogether.  If I use it, it'll be very limited in scope, since I'm moving to using live musicians much more often than I used to.  Reaper is better about working with audio than Logic is.  I come to this conclusion at the suggestion of people, and also by my own experimentation.

So, it really depends on what you are wanting to do, how you manage your workflow, and which DAW does which things better.

15 minutes ago, JohnStacy said:

It's also worth bringing up that the playing field is equal, however, some DAWs do some things better than others.  Most of them do different areas of functionality well, and some areas very well.

Reason I bring this up, I have used Logic since 2011, and am switching to Reaper.  Logic does really good midi work, and Reaper does not as good midi work, this is something that quite a few people agree with.  However, I'm moving away from using midi altogether.  If I use it, it'll be very limited in scope, since I'm moving to using live musicians much more often than I used to.  Reaper is better about working with audio than Logic is.  I come to this conclusion at the suggestion of people, and also by my own experimentation.

So, it really depends on what you are wanting to do, how you manage your workflow, and which DAW does which things better.

Yeah. Your choice is mostly regarding your needs.

Like, if you're doing electronic music, FL or Ableton is probably among your best bets given their workflow, layout etc.

I would not try to score a film or record a band with FL studio though...