Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 'Multi-Track Drifting'

Lemonectric

Hylian Lemon, you never cease to disappoint. I think it's coming out great so far. Definitely sounds like something that might come from F-Zero with the frantic direction you're taking it in (not to mention those sweet SNES-esque samples). I'm always a huge fan of your stuff and I don't think this will end up being any different. Or maybe the samples are more Genesis style now that I think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

eval:

Source is clearly there, and treated creatively. I listened to the remix before the source, and while the connections aren't hard to find, the source certainly isn't what I expected. Quite the adaptation. And intricate and intense too. Nice work.

On the technical side, there's not much to say, crit-wise. Maybe the orchestral hits' short releases and lack of reverb, where the samples seem to end mid-sound rather than decay naturally. You could argue it's part of the aesthetic, and some would agree. But in case it's not intentional and it now starts to bug you as it bugs me, I thought I'd bring it up.

The one concern I have is the use of samples from the consoles. Squeenix can't be sampled for ocr. If any of the samples you're using are from one of Squeenix' IPs, you'd have to replace them if you want to get it posted.

Check your samples, check the track's levels against posted chip-aesthetic remixes, do whatever changes you feel like, and sub it. Cool stuff, dude.

Doing a quick check on the samples, if you submit as is you'd likely be alright on that front. Aside from the orchestra hits (which sound sampled from the MMX library), most of the samples + instruments used here are just different waveforms and FM synths, which can't reasonably be misconstrued as Square-Enix SFX (they can't reasonably claim ownership on FM synths and basic waveforms, after all).

Rozo is correct that all artists submitting need to be careful with the samples in that regard, but I think this is alright here in that regard. Neat arrangement!