OCR00280 - Art of Fighting 2 "Match with Yuri"

m68030

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a great remix, Yuri has one of my fav themes of the art of fighting and art of fighting 2. It's fast beat and makes you want to jump and get in a fighting pose ready to punch a guys face in or somthen'. But I have a request. I dont know if anybodys here (mainly you) has played the first one but I have, and the best theme i've heard from both ones was the theme of Mr.Big from the first Art Of Fighting! His stage is like in a factory so they add this banging on pipes type music, could someone pleeeeaaaase(also hopefully you, Malcos) make a remix of Mr.Big's Stage from the first Art Of Fighting game!?(his theme from the second one is stupid :roll: ) It would be awsome. :D

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah, this ain't too good four years down the track. The leads are way too loud compared to the rest of the song, and the bass get grating after a while. The mastering isn't very cohesive- the forefront is hard yet the drums at the back echo into nothingness. Not to mention the FL default keyboard that even I've used in the demo drowns everything when it appears. Sorries.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Bitch and whine about samples and mastering all you want, but I really enjoyed this remix. Sure, it's not a perfect sounding orchestra remix, or another guitar-shredding one; however, it sounds exactly what a remix from an oldskool game like Art of fighting should sound like. Simply put, it still sounds like a song you'd find in a videogame like AoF, and I dig that.

Energetic, upbeat, a little chip-tunish; good combination. It could've been a little longer, though.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

The cheesy beginning reminds me of Mortal Kombat so much :lol: .

One thing that's really killer for me though is the drums - definitely not feeling them very much, and the volume levels on some of the instruments definitely could use some adjusting. Production seems like an overall issue.

Also, the song feels very disjointed with sudden shifts that don't quite work IMO. I guess it goes to show the changes the site has gone through in terms of overall musical quality and the evolution of artists in that time frame.

• 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00280 - Art of Fighting 2 "Match with Yuri"