Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - Virbank City

Somewareman

I haven't seen a remix of a Gen 5 Pokemon game yet, but I think this would be a great source to start with:

Honestly I'd remix it myself, but I'm not nearly skilled enough to do the song justice. What I'd like to hear is kind of a slightly aggressive, grungy interpretation, keeping in line with the slower jazz tone of the original, but adding a kind of rock edge to it. Instrumentation wise, I really like the bass and guitar accompaniment in this song, and I would like a remix to focus on and enhance those parts. You could add saxophone or a lead guitar in some parts. Its really up to the artist's discretion. The source itself is rather short, so whoever wants to take up remixing it can take plenty of creative liberties, though I would like to keep it somewhat conservative with the melody, especially around 0:31. I think this part of the song has a lot of emotional weight, if that makes any sense.

I'd really like a remix of Virbank City's theme to evoke an image of what I imagine that place to be like: Envision a dirty port town built up around old, factories and chemical plants. Rain drips lethargically from the soot colored sky, never seeming to stop, just as toxic smog never stops spewing from the factory smokestacks. Rust and graffiti cover nearly every wall in this rundown city, But despite the filthy environment, Virbank city is not without its mysterious urban charm. The people there are genuine and down to earth, from the local punks, to the grizzled factory workers, to the little kids at the city preschool. Life can be a struggle, but each day they get by with the help of their pokemon.

Anyway, as long as there's plenty of passion put into the working of this remix, I certainly won't complain, and I sincerely thank anyone who wants to take up this project.