Pokemon GS - Game Corner (rock / metal remix)

Hey guys! Just looking for some general feedback on this remix. I'm at that point where I'm not too sure what else to be adjusting / paying attention to. I feel like the arrangement / mix are in pretty solid spots, but I usually end up forgetting about / missing something. Always good to have another pair of ears. Of the top of my head, I know I want to go back to a few of the synth parts and make 'em a bit more entertaining to listen to / more dynamic. (Also heads up, I think listening to the stream on box distorts the sound a bit)

Thanks in advance for your time.

https://app.box.com/s/a2gcbj5uau85sn6mlx0kb5xog16dscm5

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this I really, really like this. You've done a great job with a relatively simple track. Only feedback I have to give is some of the synths could use a little more depth to them. Maybe add just a touch more reverb to get them to sound behind the guitar. 

Great job, and I will definitely be looking forward to your next update. :)

This is awesome!. I'm really digging the arrangement for this and the overall sound is pretty good too. The only thing for me is that the guitar sounds a little mechanical, Maybe u can play with the dynamics and add vibratos at the end of some of the longer lead notes. That'll spice up the sound for sure.

Looking forward to hear how it turns out :D

Thanks guys! I made some minor adjustments to the lead guitar / synths. I think synth reverb is sitting in a pretty good place, too much and I'll risk muddying the mid-range. The guitar dynamics are pretty good for my taste right now as well, I don't wanna over do it too much.

I think this will be my final mastered version, I'll see what an evaluator says :) 

https://app.box.com/s/38iuybe1gjkqor6mijpc5wczm7nviqbx

source:

• 2 weeks later...

eval:

Groovy stuff. :D

Messy mix, difficult to know what to focus on. Get your instrument levels in order, separate with EQ and reverb where appropriate.

Cool source. Sounds pretty conservative. Big sound upgrade, but a lot of the elements are pretty straightforward in how they're used. Might be an issue on the panel. There are some cool creative deviations, from 1:30 in particular. I think it's okay, source-wise.

The mix sounds lacking in the highs, and that's on my system that I know hypes the highs a bit. Grab some good reference mixes and see how they compare.

Not ready yet, imo.