Nostalgia.zelda - Ocarina of time title theme remix

J'San

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, but I've been lurking on your remixes for a while now.

I'm in love with the "Title theme" song from Ocarina of time, and I thought it would be a good idea to remix it, I hope you will like it.

This remix is a really chilled one, take a sit, close your eyes, and enjoy it. :) 

Feel free if you have any feedback.

Thanks

The problems I see with this is how conservative it is. Not much here in terms of arrangement. Towards the end, the chords way overpower the lead, and I feel overall the chords could be taken down just a smidge. Love the sound design. These are my thoughts. 

It's a good idea, but I feel like the arrangment needs to be spiced up a bit more, (I know the song mainly only focuses around an Fmaj6/7 and Cmaj9 chord, but I'm sure there'd be a way to spice it up.) Considering you really only used the A section of the song, and left out the whole B section.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your constructive feedbacks !

Concerning the arrangement, I'm totally agree with you, I didn't change anything, but this is a choice, because the original chords and arrangement are just so beautiful, I didn't want to "destroy" this masterpiece.

Concerning the volume of the chords at the end, yes they are too loud you're right, i'm not that good at mixing at the moment, still practicing :)

Anyway, thanks a lot.

No problem, man, I'm no professional myself, I'm still learning, and certainly I agree with you on the masterpiece of the original song, I could personally play it for hours and not get tired of it. To add some more info, I really did like when you brought the percussion stuff in, it came in at the beginning there and I was like, "Ooooo." Lol I think this has some pretty good potential.

I have to agree with Garrett here. The background of people talking is a nice touch, but I have a feeling that, not only this is a very conservative mix, it is a step down mix of Saria's Drop and Aquescent Symphony. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but personally this makes me dislike it. I was pretty OK and satisfied up to 1:30, but when the dub dropped in I had an underwhelming deja vu.  Dubstep simply doesn't seem to match here.

Hi FTCosta,

Thanks for your feedback.

The fact that it looks like "a step down mix" of Saria's Drop and Aquescent Symphony wasn't intentional at all honestly.

And the drop, it's definitely not dubsetp, more like a Future Bass vibe maybe, but not dubstep :)