Final Fantasy III DS - Its finally here!

NeoForte

Umm, why does this game suck so much? Maybe I shouldn't have gotten FFV Advance first, which has better graphics (cleaner, brighter, easier to tell what is going on), a more refined job system, a simpler magic system that isn't a D&D rip-off, a better plot, and is less frustrating in general.

Umm, why does this game suck so much? Maybe I shouldn't have gotten FFV Advance first, which has better graphics (cleaner, brighter, easier to tell what is going on), a more refined job system, a simpler magic system that isn't a D&D rip-off, a better plot, and is less frustrating in general.

Yea FFV is a better game but I wouldn't say this one sucked...Think of this as FFV part 1 lol. It has its own charm and style. This game is everybit as colorful as FFV is.

Yea I know what you mean Arek. I was so torn between Dragoon or Dark Knight after I got them...

Alright! I just got my copy in the mail (along with FF3 DS Skin <3 <3) yesterday and I'm playing it now. The difficulty is a lot harder than the original, I never died from Djinn before.

I'm absolutely loving it, though I wish battles wouldn't have that annoying intro at the beginning.

Just smashed the rock.. I hope it gets more interesting. The zoom function is fun but at the same time annoying. Whatev.

Friend Code: 3222 0746 1488 if anyone wants to send me mail :D

Alright! I just got my copy in the mail (along with FF3 DS Skin <3 <3) yesterday and I'm playing it now. The difficulty is a lot harder than the original, I never died from Djinn before.

I'm absolutely loving it, though I wish battles wouldn't have that annoying intro at the beginning.

Just smashed the rock.. I hope it gets more interesting. The zoom function is fun but at the same time annoying. Whatev.

Friend Code: 3222 0746 1488 if anyone wants to send me mail :D

Funny, I thought this one was a lot easier than the first one. Anyway I added you my code is on the first post.

So I got to the last jobs. I hate going from an 89 monk to a 1 blackbelt, I went from 236 attack to about 120. So now I'm cheating with the job level system doing cake battles until I hit about level 15, where I will go for a cash and powerlevel session. Right now my team is:

Blackbelt (looks cool)

Magus (meh, at least its better than 40 something level 1 spells Black mages)

Devout (I miss 40 something Cures for out of combat. In combat, she gains a lot of punch though. Back in WM form, she could overheal doing a target all curaga.)

Ninja (From warrior to knight, to dark knight, to dragoon, to dark knight to Ninja... odd progression...)

On Odin, my Hasted Monk critted 29 times for a wooping 9000 damage. Cant wait to see that with a BB, which should reach that level of power around job level 25.

So I got to the last jobs. I hate going from an 89 monk to a 1 blackbelt, I went from 236 attack to about 120. So now I'm cheating with the job level system doing cake battles until I hit about level 15, where I will go for a cash and powerlevel session. Right now my team is:

Blackbelt (looks cool)

Magus (meh, at least its better than 40 something level 1 spells Black mages)

Devout (I miss 40 something Cures for out of combat. In combat, she gains a lot of punch though. Back in WM form, she could overheal doing a target all curaga.)

Ninja (From warrior to knight, to dark knight, to dragoon, to dark knight to Ninja... odd progression...)

On Odin, my Hasted Monk critted 29 times for a wooping 9000 damage. Cant wait to see that with a BB, which should reach that level of power around job level 25.

Well I just got the last jobs a while ago (got Onion Knight last night). Magus and Devout in the NES had those 40+ charges for Lv1 spells but for this game all their spells are balanced out. Word of advise, unless you want to wear the best armor and use the best weapons, don't go Ninja. In the NES, Ninja could wear all armor and weapons so they were the overpowered melee job (Sage being the overpowered Mage job since it could use any of the magics at full force, even summons). To balance it out ninja can't wear the best armor, and only weapons they can use are Dark Swords and Ranged weapons (Boomerang + Chakram). Kinda makes sense though, a Ninja shouldn't be wearing Knight armor and be wielding Excalibur + Ragnorok.

My team is:

Dragoon

Summoner

Black Belt

Devout/Sage

I'm still iffy about Devout and Sage cause Ingus as a Devout looks....kinda gay. He wears a pink shirt, with bright red shoes and has a hoodie with cat ears. Although its off its still kinda meh. I'm seeing how good a Sage can be at healing (since it sucks with Summons) and if its good I'm sticking with it.

My game refuses to pick up my wifi router, therefore I am unable to get my friendcode. It is wierd, cause it picks it up for every other ds game I have...

Did you check your WiFi settings thru the game? If not then weird...

I am such a retard

Anyhow, when people mastered a class, PLEASE POST IT! I want ultimate weapons :D :D :D

So what exactly does the Wifi part of the game allow you to do? Is it more than just a glorified IM service?

It's more like a not-so-glorified IM service. :(

You can only send one message an hour, which I don't think is a terrible idea if they want to make it feel like some sort of mail system within some fantasy game and not just some in-game chat. But at the same time, as already pointed out, writing messages is extremely tedious. They didn't do a good job with it at all. And that is all the wi-fi is for.

Otherwise, I am still very much loving the game! I have to admit to feeling jaded on a lot of modern rpgs, and right now this is a great blend of the classic rpg style with a few more modern aesthetics.

Being able to do everything with just the touch screen is very nice, just tapping on characters to talk, etc. And it doesn't feel like they favored one method of control over the other, so control-wise the game is tight. If you get tired with the stylus, no problem, just play it normally with the buttons.

They didn't make this game easy, which I am happy about. As a port/remake, I find it much more rewarding than the GBA and ps1 ports we've all seen already. :)

So what exactly does the Wifi part of the game allow you to do? Is it more than just a glorified IM service?

You can only send one message an hour' date=' which I don't think is a terrible idea if they want to make it feel like some sort of mail system within some fantasy game and not just some in-game chat. But at the same time, as already pointed out, writing messages is extremely tedious. They didn't do a good job with it at all. And that is all the wi-fi is for.

Otherwise, I am still very much loving the game! I have to admit to feeling jaded on a lot of modern rpgs, and right now this is a great blend of the classic rpg style with a few more modern aesthetics.

Being able to do everything with just the touch screen is very nice, just tapping on characters to talk, etc. And it doesn't feel like they favored one method of control over the other, so control-wise the game is tight. If you get tired with the stylus, no problem, just play it normally with the buttons.

They didn't make this game easy, which I am happy about. As a port/remake, I find it much more rewarding than the GBA and ps1 ports we've all seen already. :)[/quote']

Mognet is the only way to obtain the all crappy then all powerful Onion Knight job. As well as people with MASTERED jobs (Lv99) when they send you mail (and when you obtain the quest), you can obtain all new Ultimate Weapons. Also open up mini dungeon to fight a tough optional boss.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to quit for a while. The game just became way too frustrating. I'd have two characters learning job levels like crazy, and two that were way lower. The whole transition period between changing jobs is annoying too. I'd get half way through a dungeon, only to need mini or toad. Of course none of my current jobs would have it, so I'd have to switch somebody.

You can only send one message an hour' date=' which I don't think is a terrible idea if they want to make it feel like some sort of mail system within some fantasy game and not just some in-game chat. But at the same time, as already pointed out, writing messages is extremely tedious. They didn't do a good job with it at all. And that is all the wi-fi is for.

They didn't make this game easy, which I am happy about. As a port/remake, I find it much more rewarding than the GBA and ps1 ports we've all seen already. :)[/quote']

Mognet is the only way to obtain the all crappy then all powerful Onion Knight job. As well as people with MASTERED jobs (Lv99) when they send you mail (and when you obtain the quest), you can obtain all new Ultimate Weapons. Also open up mini dungeon to fight a tough optional boss.

So an RPG which allows me to go off into my own little world and not have to communicate with humans requires me to communicate with humans in order to unlock everything? WHAT THE FUCK?! I want a game console that's all about keeping people apart, disconnected, and seperated from one another.

So an RPG which allows me to go off into my own little world and not have to communicate with humans requires me to communicate with humans in order to unlock everything? WHAT THE FUCK?! I want a game console that's all about keeping people apart, disconnected, and seperated from one another.

I don't see how its that much a problem. All the items gotten thru Mognet are just bonuses that were never in the Original (with the exception of Onion Knight). And Honestly its not that big of a hassle or task to send someone a simple letter. If you don't want to communicate, just don't use it. The main game is the focus, not this. You'll get all you need just playing the main game.

Anyway damn Castlevania taking my FFIII time. I wanna master my jobs already ><

when I play through this game again I will definatly make use of some of those jobs I never wanted to tough the 1st time through.

monk

black belt (except power lvling & bahamut's lair. 22k xp solo)

Ranger

Bard

Scholar

Summoner

Evoker

Dark Knight.

will NOT use a geomancer when they are 1st available... wow they kick lotsa ass well untill the last few parts of the game. shadowflare ftw.

Final Party=

Ninja

Knight

Devout

Sage

So I am in the so-called world of darkness. Is it true that there is no way to save from the end of the crystal tower to the end of the game? This has taken me a few hours so far and if I die and have to restart from before I entered the tower I'm gonna be PO'ed.

Yes there are no save points in any dungeon. Last save spot is area before entering The Crystal Tower. And yea you die you loss hours of playtime, I've died twice to the damn last boss...

• 2 weeks later...