Help (no longer) Needed (slayer2 vst)

UPDATE: Pleasantly surprised.  IL was able to dig through their old files and find my legacy reg code.  SL2 is back up and running!

(disclaimer: not asking for a freebie - owner of license)

So this is a slightly unusual request.  Recently, I had some major file system problems with my computer after a power flicker.  I formatted, and it's working much better now...but when I went to reinstall FL and Slayer2, I found that Image Line no longer supports S2, nor do they honor past purchases by letting you continue to download the unlocking reg code.  Their reasoning is that it uses an "obsolete unlocking method" which to me sounds ridiculous.  If I paid for it, I should be able to use it.

Now I know some of you are probably thinking "ew, why slayer 2, it sounds so bad".   Well, the plugin by itself does sound kinda bad, but I like using the FX portion of it as an amp for other samples to get new and interesting sounds.  I use it in a lot of my projects, and as of right now, a lot of my projects are missing a key part of their arrangement.

Anyway, to the point.  If anyone happens to have a Slayer2 unlocking regcode, I would very much appreciate it.  I don't think this constitutes piracy for 2 reasons: 1, I already have a license to use the software and 2, I'm pretty sure it's now under the umbrella of abandon-ware.

...also, if anyone happens to know of a comparable amp plugin which is free or inexpensive, that'd also be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bren,

please let me tell you about a simple and working tecnique I just tried in my new single (still under development but I will publish an example if needed).

If you need a controllable electric guitar sound, you can create it using a subtractor synth (Poison) for instance, then equalize cutting low-bass frequencies between 800 to 2000 khz then use "Hardcore" plugin just trying different preset or make your own.

The new created sound is professional and modern :)

Just that