Your ReMixer name: Magnetic Ether
Your real name: Karlyn Singh
Your email address: 
your userid: 22769

Submission Information

Name of game arranged: The Cat Lady
Name of arrangement: Lady in Black
Name of individual songs arranged: Don't Follow the Light
Additional Information: Soundtrack composed by micAmic. Game released for PC by Harvester Games.
Links to the original soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msg_DMtuXVE, http://vgmdb.net/album/47168

Comments:

This is a resubmission. The previous decision thread can be found here: http://ocremix.org/community/topic/45293-no-the-cat-lady-lady-in-black/.

The changes I made are as follows:

- Re-EQed the toms.
- Removed drum pattern at 3:12 and added a snare build up to introduce the next section at 3:22.
- Added a bandpass filter to the vocals to remove a nasty sounding frequency.
- Added compression to guitars, bass, and toms.
- Adjusted volume levels, especially on the bass, organ, and lead guitar tracks.
- Slightly widened the rhythm guitars.
- Re-mastered the entire track and made it louder (the original was a bit quieter than it might have been).

Thanks for taking another listen!

Oh awesome, we got another rendition of this track. I'm glad we did, since this was a pretty sweet arrangement, and the source was relatively unknown. Let's see what we've got here.

*Listens*

Well, it sounds a whole lot better, with the overall arrangement sounding louder, while also sounding more crisp with a better balance between the highs and the lows. The singing is still impossible to understand, but again I have that issue with ALL black metal, so that's a stylistic choice. The leads in the mix are placed properly in the mix, with rhythm being places well in the middle and the bass still acting as a strong foundation to the track (though it did seem to overcorrect a little - a hair more bass would've been nice).

What can I say, you went back and fixed everything. Looks like we're going to have some Cat Lady love on the front page. Let's do it.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/05/16 - (2Y) The Cat Lady 'Lady in Black'

I'm not quite as happy about this as my colleagues are, but it's still a massive improvement.  It still drones on within a fairly limited soundscape for the bulk of its length, and there are still some balance issues (the organ is nearly inaudible in most places, for instance).  But the glaring production issues have been dealt with, and the lead work is just as entertaining as it was the first time around.  I'm okay giving this a

YES

I wasn't part of the previous review, but this sounds pretty ok to me, kinda reminds me of some of the slower Celtic Frost songs.  I wasn't completely sold on the vocals, even though they are guttural they should have some degree of intelligibility, and I wasn't having an easy time trying to discern them.  I have no idea what kind of game The Cat Lady is, but I wouldn't relate this type of metal (or even the source's style) to that, so this is right off the left field for me.  It was a neat surprise as this mix does a good job delivering on what it promises.  There was some tasty dissonance in the original that is seemingly being avoided in this remix, which is a bit sad for me since I love that stuff!.

Either way, I think this is over the bar.  Up you go.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03747 - *YES* Cat Lady "Lady in Black"
  • Sir_NutS locked this topic