Final Fantasy XII - several tracks.

Villainelle

Ideas for some Final Fantasy XII remixes:

1) Esper battle theme (played while fighting any Esper) - this is probably my favorite track in the game; epic and suspenseful, it has powerful melodic phrases and some haunting harmonies/denouement. Any treatment that retains its ominous, looming feeling would be wonderful. I see a lot of potential for a dark electronic mix, in the style of Zircon or MP.

2) Gilgamesh theme - this track is recycled from Final Fantasy V ("Clash at the Bridge") and is remixed already for the game. It's also been included in shortened form in at least one Final Fantasy orchestral medley that I remember. This is old-school Uematsu, catchy, racing, exhilirating. The source music is so solid and good that virtually any style should work well. This theme is beloved by old- and new-school fans alike and is one of the game's stand-out tracks.

3) Salikawood & Feywood tracks - these are somewhat similar in style, while the mood between them varies widely. Jazzy and meandering, with flutes and hand percussion, the potential for a New Age-style or similar treatment is enormous. Salikawood is on the mysterious, playful side, while Feywood is on the haunting, suspenseful side. I was vaguely reminded of the Forest Temple theme from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which made me giddy at the prospect of a pixietricks-style ambient vocal remix. Or a Dan Baranowsky-like take with elements of R&B and ambient. A blending of the two wood themes is another potential avenue.

4) Rabanastre theme - a joyful, springy town theme for the game's main city, it almost hearkens to Mitsuda's town themes in the Chrono series and Xenogears. Would translate wonderfully to a live band, and equally well to upbeat electronic style in the vein of Ziwtra.

Thanks for your consideration. I look forward to any FFXII remixes, and hope these suggestions strike a chord somewhere.

I'm working on an FFXII mix right now, but it doesn't include any of the tracks you requested. Sorry. >.<;

I'll post again when I have a good quality WIP, but right now I'm still experimenting with different parts. I'm lucky enough to have two talented vocalists at my disposal and if I could enlist the rest of their choir I'll be in heaven...but more on that later.

I'd rather not post which tracks I'm using right now, but they all play off one (relatively) common theme. The mix is brassy and epic, and that's all I'm going to say. This'll be my first OCR attempt, though it's not the first arrangement I've done. Despite being non-active in the community, I've been a long time listener at OCR and figured I'd try and give something back to the site that's given me so much great music over the years.

Oh, and a dark mix of "Esper Battle" would be SICK! I'd love to see someone pick that up. *Sad puppy eyes*

• 1 month later...
Ideas for some Final Fantasy XII remixes:

1) Esper battle theme (played while fighting any Esper) - this is probably my favorite track in the game; epic and suspenseful, it has powerful melodic phrases and some haunting harmonies/denouement. Any treatment that retains its ominous, looming feeling would be wonderful. I see a lot of potential for a dark electronic mix, in the style of Zircon or MP.

2) Gilgamesh theme - this track is recycled from Final Fantasy V ("Clash at the Bridge") and is remixed already for the game. It's also been included in shortened form in at least one Final Fantasy orchestral medley that I remember. This is old-school Uematsu, catchy, racing, exhilirating. The source music is so solid and good that virtually any style should work well. This theme is beloved by old- and new-school fans alike and is one of the game's stand-out tracks.

3) Salikawood & Feywood tracks - these are somewhat similar in style, while the mood between them varies widely. Jazzy and meandering, with flutes and hand percussion, the potential for a New Age-style or similar treatment is enormous. Salikawood is on the mysterious, playful side, while Feywood is on the haunting, suspenseful side. I was vaguely reminded of the Forest Temple theme from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which made me giddy at the prospect of a pixietricks-style ambient vocal remix. Or a Dan Baranowsky-like take with elements of R&B and ambient. A blending of the two wood themes is another potential avenue.

4) Rabanastre theme - a joyful, springy town theme for the game's main city, it almost hearkens to Mitsuda's town themes in the Chrono series and Xenogears. Would translate wonderfully to a live band, and equally well to upbeat electronic style in the vein of Ziwtra.

Thanks for your consideration. I look forward to any FFXII remixes, and hope these suggestions strike a chord somewhere.

Sorry to intrude on your request, but I'd like to add another song: the normal Boss music theme, with its oh so cool frantic feel to it. Most remix styles would be good (except for piano solo, sorry to those who would strongly disagree with me :S )

• 2 weeks later...