m68030

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A pretty good piece.

The part with Relms theme is most certainly the best, THAT is where the remix shines.

Stragos theme, however...I think ruins it.

I'd much rather have had this all relm than some relm and some strago.

Oh well.

Still pretty good and recommended for anyone who like arabic sounding stuff and fans of instrumental remixes.

I agree, the vocal "oohm" dropping a 4th+ under tonic pitch and messing up the speed of the whole thing (for those not "in the know," when the key of the vocal sample goes down and slows up).. does kind of rub me in the wrong way, but there's only so much chopping you can do to a sample before you make it sound horrible. I think his cutting away percussion at that time was a wise choice. It takes away that pulse you're tugging on, and lessens the slowdown with the sample.

Listen to me, lookin' all L33+. \/\/00+!!!!1

Give me a break you guys, this was my first remix and my first try with sequencing software of any kind. I didn't use any fancy tricks and the whole thing was over with much more quickly than most of my songs. If I could change it, I would use slightly better samples, fix that vocal screw-up, and probably drastically change the structure around. It's done with, though, I'm glad you guys give it [more] praise [than it deserves]. My first song, and definitely not one of my favorites (I prefer my Chrono Cross mixes).

• 1 month later...
Better than McVaffe's more popular "Relm Weppyloop".

That's something my friends and I debate a good deal: McVaffe's or Pancake Chef's? Personally, I prefer McVaffe's, but this one is still magnificent. Very soothing and relaxing, but puts you in the Mid. East mindset, like Dale North's Wild Wild West. Good flow, good rhythm, and well-orchestrated. One of my favs. I love all the layering he's done. Simply superb.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Dear god...this is superb. My misgivings about turning Relm's Highland-bagpipe overtones and turning them into Arab ones aside, the two themes put together and given a twisted Middle Eastern is pure genius. From the instrumentation to the inspired combining (you heard me right, kids)of the two themes -- wow!

One almost expects someone to scream out "I am the Mad Abdul Al-Hazred! IA, IA, CTHULHU FHTAGN! :twisted: "

Oh nevermind. 8O

Anyway, excellent stuff!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a very interesting mix. The first time I heard it, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not (forgive me for not having played FF6 or being familiar with the source tunes). After I listened to it a few more times, it grew on me. I actually really like it now. The end, where I guess the 2 themes you used are mixed? Don't know about which part is what, but it's definitely the best part of the mix. Good job, please keep makin' pancakes.

• 1 year later...

The vocal pitch shifting is a bit silly, but the arrangement is pretty nice, and I am digging the piano arpeggios. The transition into Strago's theme was ok; nothing specifically wrong except maybe how abrupt it was. The ending where the 2 themes mesh gets kindof busy, but it's pretty cool how it works out.

Overall pretty enjoyable, especially considering the date on this one.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've always liked this one because of its nice instrumentation and layered melody approach. I'm a critic of the transition into the second theme; not because I don't think it should be there, but because I think the way it is introduced works against the mood of the piece. Most of the mix flows in a nice, natural way but is interrupted by the too deliberate effort to include another melody. Like I said, the melody ends up fitting, but it is dropped in quite awkwardly. Perhaps a more subtle push would have been suffice.

Other than that, everything sounds extremely pleasing. It's fleeting, mellow, FF6 desert folk. Which is a winning combo, and a really kickass genre I just made up.

• 1 year later...

This feels very mushroom-esque. I'm not 100% sure what that means, but it just feels appropriate. <.<;

I don't know, it just feels like the theme of some mushroom village in a Zelda-esque game somewhere.

Anyway I agree the themes should have been blended together at the transition, but it just works. I especially like how the percussion carries over at the transition. I also especially like the vocal samples; they give the track this very wise sage/middle ages feel to it. My only critique of that is there is several instances before the transition where the vocal samples really bounce down in pitch which felt unnecessary. But otherwise this is a cute, mellow, and mushroomy mix that is well worth a listen to and is probably a new favorite of mine.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00286 - Final Fantasy VI "Arab Painting"