Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

Gaggo

Like they all said theres to much cowabunga and not enough other sounds in my opinion. Theres some sounds from other ninja turtles like turtles in time that might work, for instance when you die its like "aw killing stuff" or something.

Musics pretty good I thought, though a bit midi'ish at some parts it fits well.

That worked. Thanks.

Anyway, yeah, the instruments sound like an old video game... possibly the SNES. Hehe :)

The arrangement was pretty nice though. The cowabunga sample was cool the first time, but it got tiring very quickly. The bass instrument seemed off-key. The synths also got boring after a while - the whole thing seemed rather dead. The half-tempo drums were pretty nice though. Well, the main problem is the instruments, and the overuse of the cowabunga sample. I think you need to find better software - modtrackers are cool, but you're not going to be able to make an OCReMiX using one. Otherwise, good start. The world definitely needs more TMNT remixes. :)

That would be a good first step, yes. But then there's the instrument quality and the fact that you're using a mod tracker. I'm afraid you need better software in order to reach the level of sound quality that the judges require. Your arrangement is pretty good, but perhaps not good enough to pass - but the main problem is the instruments. Even bad instruments would sound much better using better software.

Try downloading a demo for either of these:

http://www.ocremix.org/mixing/