MnP 76: Vectorman - Ocean

HoboKa

Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 76: Vectorman - Ocean

Midi: http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/MnP76_vector-ocean.mid

Youtube:

"Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! There is a mystery lurking deep within a realm unbeknownst to mere mortals. The ocean is hiding something. Not giant squids nor fascinating and mysterious creatures. There are tales of a green man made of spheres crusading deep within the depths of the realm. His vectors are not clear nor how he manages to move, but for reasons beyond our understanding as if pure magic whenever he has been spotted there was musical accompaniment in the form of Ocean from this so called Vectorman."

-APZX

Deadline: July 12th Wed @ 1PM

Vote Ends: July 14th Fri @ 11PM

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MnP ARCHIVE  made by Trism ;)

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
  2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
  3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
  6. Please don't make any comments about people's entries - including your own - until the Voting process is concluded.  BONUS entries are exempt of this rule.
  7. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

I have no excuse not to join in this time :D Let's do this thing!

God, luke7183's version is just so good -- I wouldn't be surprised if he earns all the votes.

Please refrain from making comments about other people's remixes, good or ill, as that can influence the vote before the actual process begins. 

EDIT

I'll concede that that wasn't stated in the competition guidelines...so I guess that's another addition I have to make.  Sorry about that.

EDIT2...NVM it was already there, I merely forgot that I put it there.  Oh well.  It's in red text :P

MnP Instructions/Guidelines

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
  2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
  3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
  6. Please don't make any comments about people's entries - including your own - until the Voting process is concluded.  BONUS entries are exempt of this rule.
  7. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• There are 4 entries this round.
  • There is 0 Bonus entries this round
  • There IS a voter bonus this round.
  • APZX has a vote worth 2x
  • Don't vote for Bonus entries please  
  • Participants may not vote for themselves   

Vote ends July 14th, Fri @ 11PM

Comments:

Nice amount of entries, looks like it's gonna be a close vote.  Assuming everyone votes ;)

2 hours ago, APZX said:

Bah stupid work, I wanted to get my bonus up in time :(

Anyway, solid stuff guys! Took a few listens to figure out who to vote for.

Wanna share the BONUS in this thread?  I can slap it in to the round after the Voting process is concluded...don't want to accidently mess things up until that's done haha. 

22 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Alrighty.  Looking forward to final product ;)....or something near to it if it's not :P

Well it probably ain't gonna happen or a "finished" product at least and here is why. So, last night around 8PM my AC unit decided it had had enough. Well turns out that when things fail "things fail"! That means I've gotta get pretty much the entire system replaced :( which means I really won't have any free time for the next few days because there is an absurd amount of work that has to be done. Thank you southern summers. Was 98F today and I'm pretty sure the house is about 90F right now. 

22 hours ago, APZX said:

Well it probably ain't gonna happen or a "finished" product at least and here is why. So, last night around 8PM my AC unit decided it had had enough. Well turns out that when things fail "things fail"! That means I've gotta get pretty much the entire system replaced :( which means I really won't have any free time for the next few days because there is an absurd amount of work that has to be done. Thank you southern summers. Was 98F today and I'm pretty sure the house is about 90F right now. 

Jesus, hope that all gets sorted out soon, that doesn't sound fun at all T_T

52 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Jesus, hope that all gets sorted out soon, that doesn't sound fun at all T_T

It is getting sorted out, just not before the weekend because there are a lot of logistics involved. I've got a temporary window unit for the bedroom so I can at least sleep comfortably lol. This isn't all that bad all things considered really. More of an annoyance. I believe a corollary of Murphy's Law is being invoked that states something along the lines of if there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then. 

3 hours ago, APZX said:

It is getting sorted out, just not before the weekend because there are a lot of logistics involved. I've got a temporary window unit for the bedroom so I can at least sleep comfortably lol. This isn't all that bad all things considered really. More of an annoyance. I believe a corollary of Murphy's Law is being invoked that states something along the lines of if there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then. 

2017 has kicked me in the ass too...idk why.  A LOT of change too fast too.  Some of it very shit.  Such as losing my job :D - now I've got too much free time - didn't know there was such a thing lol.  So yeah, Murphy's Law saw fit to kick me in the nuts too :P

10 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Results

• Luke7183 got 1st with 16 points.
  • I got 2nd with 13 points.
  • Classic_gamer_76 got 3rd with 9 points
  • Silverpool got 4th with 6 points

Luke7183 PM me for the round 77 entry!

Comments

Indeed, the force was with Luke 7183walker. And thank you Silverpool for thinking I deserved 1st place vote ;) 

You're welcome! And thank you for the feedback!