OCR03677 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Chromed Gadgetry"

Gario

Again, super sweet track and a great arrangement here. The brass playing is on point. I have the same issue with the panning as the other track you submitted, though this one is overall better due to there being a lot of soloing with the guitar being center here. I will also point out that this track is a little bit crowded at times, though I wouldn't call it a dealbreaker in the end. I hope to hear some more arrangements from you, the energy and creativity is great here!

YES (borderline)

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/06/29 - (2Y) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Chrome Gadget'
  • 3 weeks later...

Not too much to add to what was said here - panning was extreme and distracting, but not dealbreaking, the ending was sudden and unsatisfying, but otherwise this is a great little arrangement from a solid but under-arranged track from Sonic 3. I can't add more to it other than my additional thumb's up.

YES

Not a big fan of the hard panning, but the instruments are fairly balanced so at least the mix doesn't feel lopsided.  Gotta always be careful with hard panning things, it can be disconcerting for some listeners using headphones.  That aside, this is a very fun arrangement, which felt a bit sparse at some spots and a bit crowded at others, but I didn't have any issues with the clarity of the mix.  Tons of details in the performances of every part, and a fair amount of expansion to the original melodies.  Not a fan of the ending at all, but all in all, this is solid and over the bar for me.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03677 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Chromed Gadgetry"
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • Gario pinned this topic