OCR01526 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Knuckleduster"

djpretzel

awesome work.

The vocals are good; I'm not a vocalist by any means of the imagination so I won't go any deeper than that. The piano is well done also. It sounds very natural and well played - whether it was purely sequenced or not. The only thing I would say is that the long church-like reverb sounds a little out of place for most of the track. I would have saved it for the end during the marble garden section (*edit* oh wait... it's all marble garden). it kinda the pot and kettle here, though; I think I use too much reverb too.

I didn't think this project would ever get off the ground, and I think I said so in it's thread about a year ago. I was wrong - great job everyone.

Oh, wow. Where can I find the lyrics to this? I pretty much expect to find myself singing along to this in the dorm lounge, with bewildered and amused people wondering who the funny singing man is, and why he's disturbed their slumber at 3:00 in the morning.

I've been wondering when a song like this would eventually hit OCR. Glad to see Baranowsky delivered!

I fell in love with your voice ever since I was properly deflowered by 'Invertebrate Retreat' and WOW do I get a fresh rush from this one. I love that grungy, almost-whiny-at-times tone here...and the piano is indeed lots of win. Amazing work.

This song is both my favourite on this project but also my favourite song in this whole site now. I just love the music with the fantastic vocals, definitely a top song.

Out of all of it I have to say the piano work keeps me listening the most, but it's all great.

Thanks for another amazing song!

I thought 1.5 parts of the vocals were a bit questionable, and wish they would vary up in tone a little bit during some if its repeating, but man that ending piano sounds incredibly good.

Someone mentioned reverb issues, and I did heard them for a little bit. Then I stopped. At least, most of the time it isn't an issue, and when I'm just listening to the song for fun, I don't notice anything.

There were quite a few questionable parts, but for the most part, it came out alright.

The intro alone was kinda disturbing as I actually thought OCremix lowered their standards for allowing sounds that made the Sega Genesis sound like an almighty sequencer. But that was just the brief intro.

The voice, the breif moment of... um.. singing (for those who'd call it that) isn't that interesting to me and I woulda prefered a much softer voice or just playing on flute or sax instead. The vocals come off too strong, overpowering the piano solo which follows in between. Did I mentionion I'm not quite sure how the lyrics tie into the game if at all was that the point?

Lastly, once you make it past the 2:45 whining that few experienced musicians could appreciate, its got a nice morph to a soft ending of a piano solo.

In short review, its just weird, kinda cool, but a little overdone. If it sounded like a song, or just had had no lyrics, I could tell you for sure whether its hot or not, but because it is more like brief moments of yelling humours nonsense, I'll leave the judgement to you as the listener (and those who think they actually know what they are talking about).

Something that I think a few people are failing to realize is that there's a big difference between not liking a style of music and condemning it as "bad".

What this song sets out to do, it does extremely well. I, for one, am able to appreciate that. I am glad such a mix could be made, and I would like to thank the creators of not only Knuckleduster, but the entire project.

Flawless execution. For those of you who hate this mix, feel free to do so, but don't try to say that the mix is "bad". It's done very well.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01526 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Knuckleduster"