OCRA-0008 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos

SnappleMan

... of the three people who had a hand in the projects' direction...

KFC, Snappleman, Rexxy, and myself. I might not be a mathematical genius, but isn't that four?

It's still three - what are the odds of me flying from the UK to hang out with Pixie and Zircon? o_O I would assume by that reason that I didn't receive anything (though they could have at least been able to let me say a message through the answering machine or something).

I think with the way this is going, the project looks like it's about to lose some popularity here. I just hope that's not the case.

The only 2 tracks I wasn't a fan of were the ones for Ice Cap and Lava Reef. I don't mean any offense to the artists that arranged the tracks, but frankly I found them to be boring, and I really did become drowsy in the middle of the Ice Cap arrangement. While I can objectively see they were as well done as the other pieces, I personally can't find myself to like them.

Coincidentally or not, I'm involved in both of them... hehe...

And before anyone says, no, I'm not offended, I respect personal opinions.

... of the three people who had a hand in the projects' direction...

KFC, Snappleman, Rexxy, and myself. I might not be a mathematical genius, but isn't that four?

It's still three - what are the odds of me flying from the UK to hang out with Pixie and Zircon? o_O

I thought they did all of their interviews over Skype...

No need to bring in a VGDJ-related topic into this thread, frankly, unless you're interested in causing drama. I'm not mad at anyone here, and I doubt Jill is either. If this had happened a month ago we probably would have just shrugged and figured something else out, but like we wrote in the blog/thread post, this was just the latest in a series of factors that combined to make us just want to step away for a bit and take a break.

A couple points of clarification, however; one was that I had no idea Rexy was involved with the project. When KFC/Snapple didn't show I asked Larry who else could be a potential subject for an interview, and he recommended Hadyn and no one else. I took his word for it. Additionally, our interviews ARE internet-only, so location isn't relevant... but to be honest, I didn't know Hadyn was in Australia, so that would account for the delay in response and why he wouldn't want to call a US number. That's my bad.

Getting back on topic, this project kicks major ass. Ever since I heard some wips over 6 months ago, I was looking forward to it. The majority of tracks are at OCR quality and even those that aren't are enjoyable. Props to everyone involved.

Feel free to flame me all to hell if you're being consistently bugged about this, but have the fixed bonus tracks been uploaded yet? I tried using the originals in iTunes and they didn't work, obviously. I tried saving them again in Goldwave, and Goldwave froze on me. I downloaded the fixed files from Sendspace and edited the snapping at the beginning out with Adobe Audition, and resaved them. But they won't import into iTunes, as in, I can't even add them to the library. So have any official fixed files been put up yet?

Official? No. But they worked for me and are now on my iTunes, so they should work.

unless you're interested in causing drama.

Aren't you forgetting that this is Project Chaos, the site project to cause the biggest drama yet?

Zircon; I'm glad you liked the project at least.

I'm still a bit annoyed that you make me out to be a stuck-up bastard on VJDJ ("one of them didn't even bother to respond to our request for an interview"), especially considering I would have helped if I'd known about your request in time, but I'll get over it.

As for the whole 'no drama' thing, I hate to sound like a little kid but you started it! Well, maybe Snapps and KFC did, I have no idea, but I'm innocent!

Anyway, that's all for now. Adios!

I'm still a bit annoyed that you make me out to be a stuck-up bastard on VJDJ ("one of them didn't even bother to respond to our request for an interview"), especially considering I would have helped if I'd known about your request in time, but I'll get over it.

As for the whole 'no drama' thing, I hate to sound like a little kid but you started it! Well, maybe Snapps and KFC did, I have no idea, but I'm innocent!

Yeah, it's our bad that we mischaracterized you due to the lack of response. Anyway, I'm aware "we started it" in the sense that we made a post about it, but we did so in our own thread. There's very little point in bringing said post (and subsequent arguments) to ANOTHER thread, which I definitely didn't do. ;)

Yeah, it's our bad that we mischaracterized you due to the lack of response. Anyway, I'm aware "we started it" in the sense that we made a post about it, but we did so in our own thread. There's very little point in bringing said post (and subsequent arguments) to ANOTHER thread, which I definitely didn't do. ;)

It also wasn't "on" VGDJ... The only people that would have read that are those who follow our website or our thread, and they don't know who you are. In any case, we didn't realize you had no computer access. Normally, one would assume that three days would be enough time to check one's email.

Rexy, I wouldn't worry about this project's publicity. I mean, true there would have been at least 1,000 more people hearing about it through our show, but this is Sonic...on the internet. I'm sure if you guys go posting links at various Sonic fan sites, you'll draw some attention. ^_~

Haha, point taken :) I call dibs on Sonicstyle!

So far I put up a link in one of my Deviantart journals (not many people read it and the one person who did comment didn't understand what the hell was going on o_O) and went on some Sonic boards and clarifying some things for some listeners wondering whether the teaser site or the actual PHP page is the actual project. Word seems to be steadily coming out at least.

Normally, one would assume that three days would be enough time to check one's email.

Everything's sorted and cool now, but your math still confuses me... the PM was sent Wednesday at 9:30am, and Rexy posted about your news post the day after at 5:30pm.

Either time goes twice as fast in America than in Australia, or something's not quite right here.

Also, it wasn't my email, it was an OCR pm. I'm not *that* slack - I check emails a few times a day, whereas OCR normally only gets checked in evenings when I have some free time. Sadly on that one evening on Wednesday I was too busy to check.

I probably don't need to be so defensive, but you still sound like you're a bit annoyed and I'm really not sure what I could have done differently. So yeah. Sorry!

Hello all! Really well done on this project it really is awesome! I have been waiting for this for a long time and I have really enjoyed listening to the whole thing about 20 times now! Hehe! However I read earlier in the thread people are having problem with some of the tagging of tracks. Does anybody have a version of Knuckleduster that works on WPA? This is the only track i have yet to hear and I really want to! Many thanks in advance.

Just wanted to add a "me too" to asking for the tracks to be fixed. I had a quick try, and it doesn't seem possible to me given the broken mp3s which are available.. is there any way anyone could get some original tracks? I'd be happy to do it myself, but seeing as no-one knows me around here I wouldn't expect to be given access to the raw tracks.