OCRA-0008 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos

SnappleMan

Both aspects can be true - I can sneak in other themes at times, and I have a passion for Spyro the Dragon. However, the intro is actually referencing to Sonic 3's title music. Though, I do see where he's coming from with the rhodes piano and whatnot; I do see the uncanny similarity in musical style.

Ragnor, your commentary is very well detailed; thank you for taking the time to express your opinions :)

Your welcome. I apologise if any criticism was taken the wrong way by anyone.

EDIT: Also, to the person commenting on why there are on two discs, despite being to it on a single disc, It is because Disc 1 is Sonic 3, Disc 2 is Sonic and Knuckles and Disc 3 is the stuff on the side + Bonus Tracks

Well, I just found this collaboration of remixes and you guys have no idea how much joy it has brought me :)

S3 + Knuckles was the game of my childhood and I still play it regularly now, the orginal music was, as I'm sure everyone would agree, amazing and to see a remix of it done so well is great to see. From listening I can tell theres been a lot of effort gone into it and it really has paid off. Great job guys.

Highlights for me were:

Walk on Water - Inclusion of both Act 1 and 2 was fantastic.

Elevator Music

Dead Batteries

The Secluded Stronghold - Was this done by a real orchestra?

Before the Storm

Malicious Fingers

The Doomsday

The S3 Credits

Helium Stairways

And Icecap 4 Life

Thankyou so much. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Just wow.

This has to be, without a doubt, the greatest video game compilation ever. The remixes of the Hidden Palace and Sky Sanctuary Zones (The secluded Stronghold and Breathtaking Vision) are my absolute favorites. You guys should do a compilation for the original Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2, as a combined album. (Not as many songs, but worth a shot.)

Thanks again for spending so much time on a kick ass album.

First off, sweet deal, guys. This album is great. Let me get my complaints out of the way first.

1. The Ice Cap Zone was slaughtered. It deserved a huge seat of glory, but it was left with a raw piano that hardly carried the ice cap tune. Don't get me wrong, Hetcenus. The piano sounded good. However, it was plain and a bit boring. That goes for you too Rexy. I think Big Giant Circles's "Eastern Ice Field" deserved the spot.

2. Most of the bonus CD songs were better than the first two CDs. What's up with that? Who chose which songs made the final cut?

--

Other than that, guys, it was awesome. Good work. You know, I am okay with some slow piano songs if there are good ones surrounding it. Highlights for me were (1 being the most rockin' awesome):

1. Red Sphere, Blue Sphere

2. Breathtaking Vision

3. Heat Blur

4. Three Ring Nightfall

5. Live at the Sandopolis

6. Dead Batteries

7. Groove Basin

8. Heads Up for Tails

9. Ice Cap 4 Life

10.Lava Passion

All right, and I have a question for Red Tailed Fox. Who sucks cock? I can't catch that first word. So long, and thanks for all the remixes.

First off, sweet deal, guys. This album is great. Let me get my complaints out of the way first.

1. The Ice Cap Zone was slaughtered. It deserved a huge seat of glory, but it was left with a raw piano that hardly carried the ice cap tune. Don't get me wrong, Hetcenus. The piano sounded good. However, it was plain and a bit boring. That goes for you too Rexy. I think Big Giant Circles's "Eastern Ice Field" deserved the spot.

2. Most of the bonus CD songs were better than the first two CDs. What's up with that? Who chose which songs made the final cut?

Ultimately the decision was up to SnappleMan, but I think most of the songs ended up dwindling down to having one remixer assigned to them, so what they made is what is on the project.

Big Giant Circles' track is several months late. :P

I think people didn't like it because it didn't really fit the feel of the rest of the album. You're drifting along, listening to mostly uptempo, pseduo-electronic music, and all of a sudden it goes straight to a single piano. I agree individually it's great, but if you're listening to the whole album it really does stick out like a sore thumb.

No offense to the artists who contributed to the awesome Bonus CD, but ROFLMALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Next time I do a project I will leave the decision making to superjoe.

EDIT - superjoe30, 30 times less super than superjoe01

Wow. Just wow.

This has to be, without a doubt, the greatest video game compilation ever. The remixes of the Hidden Palace and Sky Sanctuary Zones (The secluded Stronghold and Breathtaking Vision) are my absolute favorites. You guys should do a compilation for the original Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2, as a combined album. (Not as many songs, but worth a shot.)

Thanks again for spending so much time on a kick ass album.

While Sonic 2 has already been done, Sonic 1 + Spinball is viable I guess. Or Sonic 1 Megadrive + Sonic 1 Game Gear/Master System. It would be great to have the whole trilogy done imho.

Even if that were so, it was my first OCRemix experience, so I think its pretty good :P (kay, so it was downloaded from elsewhere, but as an OCR Site project it still counts imho)

But I admit, its nowhere near as good as this one turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

So.....When are the 'unreleased' tracks going to be released? You know, the 'Super Double Bonus' tracks? I know someone said in a couple months, but that was what....a long time ago? ;)

Just wondering on the status of this one is all. Keep up the good work!

-Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Probably my most favourite thing on "LIve At Sandopolis" is, not only how hard it hits but how much it feels like it was inspired from Dream Theater haha

anyone mind if i use this music for my vid?

it's basically going to be a gameplay video of S3&K set to different music, and this is perfect for the job...

Check the 2nd Draft topic.

Just make sure to credit the song, artist and include OCReMix.org in the credits.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed most of the stuff on the first two CDs

I wasn't a fan of the piano stuff, especially the Ice Cap remix, I couldn't even figure out where the ice cap part was because it didn't sound anything like it to me. Hectcenus has talent with playing the piano, but Ice Cap deserved better. Beneath the Ashes has grown on my a bit, but that may because it's much more easier to identify.

I've got a question though, on the Bonus CD when I download 308-314, none of the songs play, it just makes some high pitched noise when I try to play it and that's it. Anyone else have this problem?

I've got a question though, on the Bonus CD when I download 308-314, none of the songs play, it just makes some high pitched noise when I try to play it and that's it. Anyone else have this problem?

I never had any problems with them, but you're not the only one who did. You could try a different music program (I use Winamp), or you can 'repair' the files. Instructions to fix this problem were posted on the project page:

Hello people! I apologise for the wait on this, but we've had some difficulties trying to get a fixed batch of songs online. Now that the 'bad' batch has circulated so much it's impossible for us to really do anything about it; but we do have a fix that works and is relatively easy for you all:

1) Download GoldWave

2) Open up said WIP files in program (one at a time).

3) "File, Save As" the same file name

4) Problem solved.

Credits go to Xenon Odyssey for this fix.

Thank you for being patient!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/380713

This crazy mad flash uses The Doomsday collab in it for the main final fight at the end. It does get credits, but only to Project Chaos in general. It's like the second highest rated flash of all time at the moment, so thats pretty cool. Not sure if they even asked though.

WOW!! That was a quite awesome flash vid!! 0_0

I'm very impressed with it.

How did you come to watch it and realized "The Doomsday" was used?

Damn I wish I could save this vid to the HD however....