OCRA-0008 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos

SnappleMan

why not make a new S&K album and call it "Project Chaos - The Lost Tracks"?

Because that title is too apt; the tracks are lost.

I'm the one that originally put them up (I built the teaser site back in '05), but I no longer have access to the server - I haven't since I put the site up. Even if the tracks were accessible, the quality would be no better than what you hear on the site. I doubt any of the remixers still have their original project files from '05, so getting higher quality versions probably isn't possible.

With that being the case, if you really want a copy of the tracks you might as well get a recording application, record all the tracks as they play on the site (via "line out"), and get a copy of them that way. If you need more info on how to do this, search "how to record line out" on google. Should work.

Hope this helps!

Because that title is too apt; the tracks are lost.

I'm the one that originally put them up (I built the teaser site back in '05), but I no longer have access to the server - I haven't since I put the site up. Even if the tracks were accessible, the quality would be no better than what you hear on the site. I doubt any of the remixers still have their original project files from '05, so getting higher quality versions probably isn't possible.

I've still got all the teaser site MP3s (albeit, the 96kbps / 112kbps streaming versions) along with some earlier / alternate versions of other album tracks. Normally I'd be happy to upload these, but I recall some of the artists not wanting their WIPs to be available for public download (notably, DarkeSword and his Sand Café WIP).

If anyone REALLY wants the files, shoot me a PM.

• 1 month later...

just wanted to say that i've really enjoyed this album a lot, got it a couple years ago and i've been lurking for a while, but finally decided to actually join mainly to tell you all thanks for the great work you did on this. gonna be looking for more of your stuff as it comes out.

i was also wondering if anyone could tell me where to find more of hetcenus work? that freezing feeling was probably my favorite song on the album, and i'd love to be able to find more stuff by that particular remixer.

Edited by Trimaj

• 1 month later...
From the main page of the project site:

So... well, I have a Mac, so my only option of those 2 is Audacity, but, your instructions aren't working for me, and, I really really love this album so, it kinda makes me mad i'm missing out, is here any other way I could fix these tracks, or if you could reupload them ? please...

So... well, I have a Mac, so my only option of those 2 is Audacity, but, your instructions aren't working for me, and, I really really love this album so, it kinda makes me mad i'm missing out, is here any other way I could fix these tracks, or if you could reupload them ? please...

I've fixed the files for my personal collection, and at some point within the next year, the hopeful plan is to re-release every past album with updated tags, embedded album art, and all the other bells & whistles.

I wish I could say stuff coming's out tomorrow, but it'll be a while. That said, maybe before the end of the year, I'll host a ZIP of just the tracks known for having screwed up encodings so you and others can grab 'em.

I've fixed the files for my personal collection, and at some point within the next year, the hopeful plan is to re-release every past album with updated tags, embedded album art, and all the other bells & whistles.

I wish I could say stuff coming's out tomorrow, but it'll be a while. That said, maybe before the end of the year, I'll host a ZIP of just the tracks known for having screwed up encodings so you and others can grab 'em.

Well, thank you, a lot !!!

I really like all the albums I've listened to as far but, the main disc of this one must be one of my favorites !!!!

:-D

• 3 months later...
I was wondering if there was a way that I could get the sheet music of "That Freezing Feeling?"

I've got some and can upload them, but I'm out of town right now. I'll try to get them up and going tomorrow after I get home to my comp where the sheets are saved.

• 2 months later...

Watched the video. Yes, that definitely IS "Flying Batteries", though given the way it was presented I have no idea if it was spliced in by IrateGamer themselves or actually played at the E3 booth.

I'm sure there were some attendees from OCRemix at the event, so if anyone can provide some confirmation from there, that'll be great. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I actually still have the project file for "Divided From Grace", believe it or not. :razz: However, most of the soundfonts (mostly the more organic ones) that I used for it were completely lost, so if it ever gets used for something, it may more likely be a remaster rather than a lossless re-release.

But who knows, some of the other remixers might still have WAV files for their tracks yet, for whatever purpose or other. :wink:

I actually still have the project file for "Divided From Grace", believe it or not. :razz: However, most of the soundfonts (mostly the more organic ones) that I used for it were completely lost, so if it ever gets used for something, it may more likely be a remaster rather than a lossless re-release.

But who knows, some of the other remixers might still have WAV files for their tracks yet, for whatever purpose or other. :wink:

I'll take a lossless 'remaster' lol. This is the only album out of my favorite videogames that isn't lossless. But if it's not possible I understand, i'll conform to mp3s for now..

• 5 months later...

This album has a ton of amazing numbers. I literally fall apart during Walk on Water, iMushroom, Dead Batteries, and especially Live at the Sandopolis. The last one struck me stupid, because the tone I got from Sandopolis Zone in-game was very yellow, and very calming (I didn't like that zone). But this heavy metal take on it; such a great mix of abrupt, percussive guitar chords. I couldn't help but go :o and O_O one after the other.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Is there anyone who can post, or send me, tracks 7-14 from Disc 3?

These files have never downloaded properly since the album was launched. I forgot about them and decided to try again recently and I'm getting DNS Errors and other sites just seem to be down.

Thanks much to anyone who can help me complete the album finally :)

Edited by Tenucha