Secret Of Mana - Into The Thick Of it

So, I posted a week ago my work in progress, and now is finished.

This is my first arrangament for OCRemix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tal1htohxv14p0p/Into The Calm Of It.mp3?dl=0

I have choosed a song from Secret Of Mana, and my idea was to rearrange the song into something more calmer, more contemplative. Maybe it will differ from the original but my idea wasn't to cover exactly the original song, but making something new from the original ideas of the composer (without adding new melodies or harmony).

Here is the original song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFKoFzNfQdA

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the original, as I was only familiar with it through DarkeSword's rendition. I looked up your other thread just to make sure I wasn't giving repetitive feedback (although you could've also bumped that one and change the prefix on the first post as 'finished' to save your time).

The intro is kinda sweet, but the transition around 0:22 was too sudden and slightly unconnected. Plus, it didn't give much time to contemplate the calmer start. I like your woodwind choices, especially the bassoon, since it represents the low-frequency range of them. I wish you used it a little more at least. The male oohs are on the lower range, too. But those start and end abruptly, giving it a mechanical feel. You could always have a last long ooh fading out as the track progresses, instead of it ending on rigid measures. Keep in mind the SNES version ended instruments on rigid bars in order to give space to others due to channel limitations, but you don't need to adhere to that. Pizzicato strings sounded buried during the male oohs. Putting them on higher octaves could've helped, but then you'd make sure they wouldn't be fighting space with the flute and other high pitched instruments. Triangle percussion felt on auto-pilot until the wind chimes showed up. But your glockenspiel selection in the second half was a really nice addition.

Overall, it was a decent listen. It gives me nostalgia in the sense that it reminds me of ReMixes posted on OCR's front page 12 years ago, in a good way : )