Post your favorite drum loops!

XeLa89

this thread makes me :cry:

how about instead of copping out, you take the time to learn how to program? i am strongly against the idear of slapping drum loops into a song (even though i have been guilty of it in the ancient past) and calling it good. if you're one of them beat slicers though, i guess that's ok. but still, drum loops are generally a bad idea.

Well, maybe we can turn this into a positive thing.

I need a couple 6/8 acid jazz loops, or if someone could tell me how to creat one via programming...

See, I'm friends with this awesome drummer, but I don't get to see him that often. Last time we jammed....he did some crazy acid jazz/breakbeat shit in 6/8, and all I kno about it wat that it was at about 120-130 bpm, and the bass drum was only hit once every two measures, so the rest was played on the ride cymbal and snare, but it flowed and sounded like it was travelling really fast. I'm not quite sure how he did it though...so can anyone point me in te right direction?

Thanks. ^_^

Drum Loops as is = lazy and incredibly stupid

Drum slicing = creative and essential for many genres.

I totally agree.

I don't use drum loops, it feels like cheating to me. Whats the fun in making music if you just slap a drumloop there? I do use them sometimes as filler material but my main drums are always sequenced.

For those that like to slice drumloops I'll be releasing a refill soon with drumloops on it, sequenced by yours truly. Also with lots of combi and synth presets for subtractor and malstrom, there are tons of it because I just love to make my own stuff and I always preset it for later use.