Yoshi's Island - Underground BGM - Remix

Zup humans!

Been working on a remix of the underground theme from yoshi's island for the past 5 days. Its a WIP and I feel like my ears have become numb from listening to it for 5 days straight and I really need to hear what other people think about the mix and the arrangement.

Original

My remix, latest version

Sounds good to me. If I were to nitpick, I would say that the snare used in the middle breakdown (near 1:32) seems unfittingly powerful. Maybe have it be more filtered (maybe band-passed?) and softer to reflect the dynamics of the atmosphere around it. The hi hat transient near 1:32 could also be slightly softer, and the FM lead at 2:45 seems fairly abrasive for the ambient atmosphere you have... (especially at 3:06).

On 2017-07-20 at 9:27 AM, timaeus222 said:

Sounds good to me. If I were to nitpick, I would say that the snare used in the middle breakdown (near 1:32) seems unfittingly powerful. Maybe have it be more filtered (maybe band-passed?) and softer to reflect the dynamics of the atmosphere around it. The hi hat transient near 1:32 could also be slightly softer, and the FM lead at 2:45 seems fairly abrasive for the ambient atmosphere you have... (especially at 3:06).

Thanks for the feedback! I have updated my post with an updated version of the song. I also increased the tempo slightly.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:14 PM, orlouge82 said:

I really like it!  Could you provide a download link?

Glad to hear! I have enabled "download" on soundcloud. Keep in mind that this is still WIP tho :) Although I pretty much consider this done I'll wait a couple of days for more feedback before marking this as "ready for review".

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, Reminiscity said:

Ready for a review

Sorry for the long wait on a formal review. If you haven't already submitted this, please send it over. Very creative & unorthodox interpretation and it sounds great overall; not much else to add other than I look forward to you submitting it so we can post it to the front page! :-)

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have set it to Completed status, indicating that I think your remix is ready to be submitted to the Judges Panel. Congratulations!

If you feel like you still need to work on your track and want more feedback, you can change the prefix back to Work-in-Progress and we'll go through the review process again.

If you decide to submit your track, please change the prefix to Submitted after sending your email. Thank you!