ClanOCR: DS/Wii Friendcode Database

Arek the Absolute

Please add Darkrai to the banned list.

Even though there's no way for someone to legitimately have this pokémon yet, it is considered uber and banned from tournaments (same situation as Arceus).

Also, I notice that some non-uber 4th gen legendaries (Cresselia, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Phione, Regigigas, Heatran, Shaymin (Shaymin is unobtainable legally at this time as well)) are not on the banned list, but I believe that this is intentional. Just confirming. Heatran is borderline imo.

Food for thought: Manaphy (banned), Heatran, and Cresselia all have 600 base stat total.

Tyranitar has godly stats for all but speed, making it a quite lethal pokemon, especially when combined with Trick Room. There's no question about why Tyranitar is banned.

Yes, and all the ones I mentioned have godly stats, too. Those five are generally considered to be in the same class of pokemon, the psuedo-legendary class.

It makes little sense to ban one and not the others.

Stop your bickering, seriously. It isn't like you were going to use tyranatar anyways. Stop trying to find a reason to bicker.

Anyways, drack and baha, I need you both on irc asap so we can discuss some things.

Also, please say if you are joining in!

I'm not trying to bicker, I'm just curious as to why the hell Tyranitar is being banned and not the other four. It just doesn't make any sense to me. *shrugs*

EDIT: And yeah, I'm joining. Just need to finish some breeding.

Yes, and all the ones I mentioned have godly stats, too. Those five are generally considered to be in the same class of pokemon, the psuedo-legendary class.

It makes little sense to ban one and not the others.

Not really - Tyranitar is above those, because at the cost of speed, it has more hp, more damage dealing, and more damage taking from physical & special. The others generally have more into speed, except Dragonite, but Dragonite can be killed quite easily with a STAB ice attack, and its special attack isn't all that great.

Not really - Tyranitar is above those, because at the cost of speed, it has more hp, more damage dealing, and more damage taking from physical & special. The others generally have more into speed, except Dragonite, but Dragonite can be killed quite easily with a STAB ice attack, and its special attack isn't all that great.

And Tyranitar can be killed easily by a STAB Fighting attack.

And, really, if you compare their stats, Tyranitar isn't that much better than the others. Highest defense, yeah, but he's met or outclassed by the others in all his other stats.

And Tyranitar can be killed easily by a STAB Fighting attack.

And, really, if you compare their stats, Tyranitar isn't that much better than the others. Highest defense, yeah, but he's met or outclassed by the others in all his other stats.

The difference in Attack is trivial. Also, Tyranitar isn't as easily killed - ice is 4x effective on Dragonite, compared to 2x effective on Tyranitar, so whereas one ice attack may kill Dragonite, it likely won't kill Tyranitar. In general it's just harder to beat a Tyranitar than the others, and a lot of people put moves on all their pokemon to handle Tyranitar because of this, while none of those others are as much of a problem.

The difference in Attack is trivial. Also, Tyranitar isn't as easily killed - ice is 4x effective on Dragonite, compared to 2x effective on Tyranitar, so whereas one ice attack may kill Dragonite, it likely won't kill Tyranitar. In general it's just harder to beat a Tyranitar than the others, and a lot of people put moves on all their pokemon to handle Tyranitar because of this, while none of those others are as much of a problem.

Ice is neutral damage on Tyranitar.

And he's got a 4x weakness to fighting, so anyone with a strong enough Attack stat may OHKO him....just like ice can OHKO Dragonite. :o

Ice is neutral damage on Tyranitar.

And he's got a 4x weakness to fighting, so anyone with a strong enough Attack stat may OHKO him....just like ice can OHKO Dragonite. :o

That doesn't explain why Tyranitar is generally considered more of a pain than the dragons. From what it looks like, Tyranitar's moveset with its stats are huge, with it being able to learn Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Aerial Ace (which is 2x effective vs fighting), Avalanche, Brick Break, Pursuit, and Stone Edge. Sure, fighting will be 4x effective, but if there's a trick room used beforehand, a fighting type would be no good because Tyranitar can OHKO it and be faster, and even pokemon like Dragonite would fall pretty quickly to it (if not OHKO).

That doesn't explain why Tyranitar is generally considered more of a pain than the dragons. From what it looks like, Tyranitar's moveset with its stats are huge, with it being able to learn Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Aerial Ace (which is 2x effective vs fighting), Avalanche, Brick Break, Pursuit, and Stone Edge. Sure, fighting will be 4x effective, but if there's a trick room used beforehand, a fighting type would be no good because Tyranitar can OHKO it and be faster, and even pokemon like Dragonite would fall pretty quickly to it (if not OHKO).

Looking at Serebii's pages for each of them.

They each have equal max attack, and Dragonite has higher special attack. T-Tar has the higher max defense, but Dragonite gets a higher speed.

Dragonite can learn Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave, Aqua Tail, Dragon Dance, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Brick Break and Flamethrower (both 2x against ice), Stone Edge, Surf...

So...I'm still not seeing how Tyranitar is so overpowered and Dragonite isn't. :P

Looking at Serebii's pages for each of them.

They each have equal max attack, and Dragonite has higher special attack. T-Tar has the higher max defense, but Dragonite gets a higher speed.

Dragonite can learn Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave, Aqua Tail, Dragon Dance, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Brick Break and Flamethrower (both 2x against ice), Stone Edge, Surf...

So...I'm still not seeing how Tyranitar is so overpowered and Dragonite isn't. :P

The Fang moves are quite better than the Punch moves, and Stone Edge is an incredible advantage against many pokemon, including fliers like Dragonite, with STAB to boot, and Earthquake is very good as well. Avalanche destroys the dragons, or if you prefer you could just use Ice Fang. Finally, with Trick Room, Tyranitar can be just about unstoppable.