OCR01527 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Walk on Water"

djpretzel

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New guy here, I just discovered this place a few days ago and I love it.

D/L'd the Sonic 3 & Knuckles album. I was a bit disappointed in that I couldn't find a traditional remix of Hydrocity 2 after quickly skimming the beginning of all the tracks, but I just left a few of them playing tonight and after Walk on Water got to the classic parts, it just blew my mind. Incredible! I'm grateful for this awesome piece.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

By far one of my favorite tracks from Project Chaos, I absolutely love this track to death.

It's cool, it's got guitar, and it's got a sweet-ass transition from the first zone to the second: what more could a remix have?

Wait, it's Santana-fied!? 8-O

You sir, have just made me a very happy man. *does happy dance* :nicework:

• 3 months later...

Firstly, superb guitar playing! It fits in excellently as the lead for this piece, and it sounds beautiful.

Overall, great instrumentation, with the small exception of the brass instruments. But the guitars, drums, and organ obviously overshadow that. :)

With the exception of a few added parts different from the original, the arrangement doesn't differ too much from the source. If it wasn't for the superb sound and guitar playing, it would be a bigger issue.

Overall, excellent job on one of my favorite pieces from Sonic 3! I absolutely love the new sound you've given it, and I'll be sure to check out your other pieces! :D

• 3 months later...

Super clean guitars and some drums that I can only describe as "jammin'", this song was my introduction to HousetheGrate, and it certainly made me want to check out all of his other stuff.

Brass was well used and supported the track, and the solo was sweet, as per the usual when it comes to House.

This is a super "grate" track, check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

THIS is the definitive Hydrocity Zone remix! The guitar work is incredibly slick and polished, but just rough enough to give it that jazzy feel that you got from the original. The faster parts after 2:40 especially felt like some of the remixer's best work ever! House's mix is a lot more guitar-centric than Dr.Manhattan's take on the same theme, and frankly, when the playing is this exquisite, my preference leans towards this remix. Nice touch having an organ "solo" toward the end - even though it's pretty much just another repetition of the source, it was nice to see that element take the limelight :-)

My favorite track from Project Chaos, this couldn't have been any better!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01527 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Walk on Water"