Mario Star Power (Hip Hop Remix)...NEED ADVICE!

So I made a soul hip hop remix to the Mario Star Power theme. I am gonna to rap on it, but I need advice on the beat itself. How is the mixing? Is there more elements I can add to it? I feel like its missing something! Maybe some sounds or something.

LISTEN BELOW:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwSM9LzCGW0BbWRsRnM4YWpiQVk/view?usp=sharing

The bass seems a bit indistinct to me, and I felt the piano would work better with longer, more sustained chords to fill up the space a bit more. To me, they sound a bit chopped off now. Maybe even make it an e-piano, for the soul & chill vibe, but that might also just me being too fond of e-piano's due to the Persona 5 OST :P 

As soon as you add  raps to it, I think it'll be fine and I think you wouldn't need more elements to it. Maybe add some ear candy at strategic places, transition effects, sound effects or some sound design trickery to spice it up?

6 minutes ago, Jorito said:

The bass seems a bit indistinct to me, and I felt the piano would work better with longer, more sustained chords to fill up the space a bit more. To me, they sound a bit chopped off now. Maybe even make it an e-piano, for the soul & chill vibe, but that might also just me being too fond of e-piano's due to the Persona 5 OST :P 

As soon as you add  raps to it, I think it'll be fine and I think you wouldn't need more elements to it. Maybe add some ear candy at strategic places, transition effects, sound effects or some sound design trickery to spice it up?

Ha a Persona 5 fan too? I love that soundtrack!

Ahhh e-piano would probably work better! Defintely will take some of ur advice! Thanks Jorito!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 4:37 PM, verafx81 said:

Oh Snap now that's hot. Yeah big improvement. I could listen to this all day. let me know when you release this.

This is the vocal version.

Anyone can give feedback as well! I will return the feedback to your songs if you want as well

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwSM9LzCGW0BbERpb0F5eF9UZlE

This reminds me, I still gotta hit you up, I'll probably remember to do that.

But this is hella clean man. Beat got much better with the piano and Mario sounds and sounds really smooth.

Only slight disappointment is that you didn't add in a Parappa voice clip when you said you gotta believe. But that's more to do with me being a Parappa obsessed weirdo. Great stuff.