OCR03889 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Legend of Zelda "Zelda's Legend"

Gario

Hello!

I’d like to submit a compositions for acceptance to OCRemix.  I am a current remixer with two tracks already accepted.
Remixer Name: LindsayAnne Pepper
email: linnypepper@gmail.com

Submission: Zelda’s Legend

This symphonic piece is primarily an arrangement of Zelda’s Lullaby, found in the Ocarina of Time.  Her theme is presented throughout in many ways, sometimes prominently featured, other times hidden beneath the melody of the main series theme. Reflective, sweepingly romantic, delicate, and somber at times, this piece is a journey on what made Zelda’s character into a legend.

Enjoy!!

~LindsayAnne Pepper

• 3 months later...

Really nice orchestration here along with a lot of small style changes to keep this interesting and unique. I was worried that the track would wear on after a while but you were able to transition between sections well without feeling like a newly or any hating changes.

Some nitpicks, firstly that with how good the strings sound I feel like the brass felt overall a bit lifeless in comparison. Would have loved a bit more dynamic variation in the section that features then and some vibrato as well. Also hearing distortion at 2:51 and later at 4:20. Both sections are short and if consider a conditional if the other judges feel like it's necessary to fix.

Lush strings and some classy arrangement really make this shine.

YES

I just listened to your other Zelda mix, and this one sounds SO much more 3D by comparison.  I agree that the brass does sound quite lifeless by contrast to the strings.  I hear those same little distortions that DA pointed out, it doesn't bother me enough to send back to fix.  The entire mix sounds too dry, so my same advice applies here as in the other mix, some more creative eq, positioning and especially varied reverbs would make the soundscape even more alive and 3D.  But this is lovely!  Another fabulous arrangement, so full of feels.

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2017/08/21 - (3Y) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Zelda's Legend'

Not too much to add here - this one is a really good reimagining of Zelda's theme. I liked your other track too - it's interesting to get two remixes of the same theme from the same artist at the same time - so it's incredibly tempting to compare the two. I'd rather not, however; they do different things, and while one has a few technical issues with the humanization/production that this one doesn't share, it does something different and no less satisfying with the same source. I'm a fan of both in their own right.

I really like this collection of tracks, so let's get them both up on OCR ASAP.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03889 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Legend of Zelda "Zelda's Legend"
  • Liontamer locked this topic