Saint Saens meets Kingdom Hearts

GSO

• 3 weeks later...

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that you'd like some more feedback, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and I'll review it again! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Eval

I'm liking the attempt of merging Saint-Saens with Kingdom hearts. You've picked some great sources to work with here. Overall you have two major issues with this arrangement. To begin with, I would put this in more of a "transcription" category. You've effectively taken orchestral pieces and transcribed them for smaller chamber groups containing mostly strings/piano. You've done this fairly well, but that definitely does not give it the title of "remix" or "arrangement". Furthermore, all three pieces that you have used do not really weave into each other. You've essentially got three separate pieces placed back to back with little or no transition. I think before we can get into the nitty gritty of arrangement/production you need to spend some time finding ways to take the material and play with it. You can go about this a couple of ways. If you want to keep the medley form that you have going, you'll still need to find away to alter the material and arrange it to give it your own personality. The other option (and this would be my preference) would be to take all three sources and weave them into a single arrangement which uses the harmonic/melodic motifs of each to create something new. I would start here to really start hashing out some ideas. Keep going this direction though because I think that you're on to something with your source selection.