OCR00670 - *YES* Escape from Monkey Island 'Metal Monkey'

djpretzel

post this mix?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix?

I'm not familiar with the original tune, but I can tell that it's been pretty well covered here. Like the rest of the guys, I think you should beef up the bitrate a bit. Take advantage, as you're the only one so far we've asked to INCREASE the bitrate :P

Now that I listen to it a second time (this time with my trusty earphones), it sounds kind of flat. I don't think that's a matter of EQ, though. I think it's because it's recorded in mono.

I'm gonna PM ryan8bit and ask him if he'd re-encode to 128 stereo. This one's pretty much a guaranteed posting. I haven't voted yet because I want to see what he says. If the song does receive a yes Pretzel, could you hold off on posting it until I get a response? Thanks duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

To: Antonio Pizza

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:10 am

Subject: Re: A request concerning your Monkey Island mix from the judges.

Ok, I sent the URL for the revised version of the Monkey Island Metal Monkey song to djp's creator@overclocked.org address (wasn't sure if I should do that one or submissions@overclocked.org )

Anyways, I made it stereo with some subtle panning. And I changed it to 128 kbps, even though I don't think I can tell the difference. Also made it just a touch louder.

Thanks,

Ryan8bit

I've listened to both of them back to back and I think he's right. There isn't much of a difference. The switch from 96 to 128 didn't do anything I could notice either. The panning is very subtle and the volume increase is small. With that being said, I still think that the song should be posted, but go with the second version as it is based on the author's wishes to go along with our ideas. I'm voting yes.