Mega Man 4 Remix Project *RECRUITING*

Dafydd

I haven't forgotten about this project. But I'm getting REALLY itchy to submit my Dustman Remix to OCR.;;; But I really wanna be in this project. It just needs some mastering and it's done. :cry:

well unless some things has changed, the rules where changed, you are allowed to release your songs in public at any time, so just go ahead when you think youre ready, just dont rush it out.. ;)

I haven't forgotten about this project. But I'm getting REALLY itchy to submit my Dustman Remix to OCR.;;; But I really wanna be in this project. It just needs some mastering and it's done. :cry:

well unless some things has changed, the rules where changed, you are allowed to release your songs in public at any time, so just go ahead when you think youre ready, just dont rush it out.. ;)

Many songs submitted to OCR are accepted, but not posted. I think you can post a song to OCR and release it after the Project Release.

Huh, I wasn't aware of that. But yeah, you could do that . And, chances are you won't be accepted, and then submitting now gives you more time to finish your song. I'd rather not have one version of your song in the project, and then a "better" version for OCR. Submit it when you feel you're done, and it's still part of the project. But if you want, you can ask them to wait with publishing it until the project is done. Which may be a while, I might add.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to contribute to this project. I've never contributed to an OCR project, but I've done a lot of original work and I can send you some demo stuff if you'd like. I think I'd like to take Dive Man, if leepmeister didn't take it. If he did I'll go with Wily 3 and 4.

Who the heck is leepmeister? lol

EDIT: Oh.

Diveman is yours! The files you sent me were very interesting... I didn't know people were still making mod files these days. I think you'll have to improve sound quality-wise, but your arrangements are certainly good enough.

Also, you're welcome to do a vocal mix (I intend to, myself), but I think we need to keep the level of humor down a little for the project (I gave your hilarious MM2 remix a listen - I think most MM4 fans would be disappointed if you did the same thing to Diveman's song :lol: )

Yeah, those were written for a GBA soundtrack, so naturally the sound quality was a bit on the low side. I'll try to keep it as professional sounding as I can, but I'm really into tracking right now, so I think I'll use that for my arrangement.

EDIT: got a bit of WIPiness put together. I'd like to get some juicy brass samples for the break at :13. I'm going for a funk arrangement with some oldschool chip samples. Of course, this isn't very far along. Immediately after this I want to drop the volume down further before I have the melody come in (maybe played by a triangle wave?) And I know, the percussion sounds really robotic right now except for the beatboxing, I will fix it eventually.

EDIT 2: got the first section of melody done. This is getting chippier and chippier as it goes on, but I like where it's headed.

(link removed)

• 2 weeks later...

I might be interested in Skull Man. I don't know if I'm good enough to work on this project, but it's worth a try. Here's a Mega Man X Mix that I am currently working on:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rh3li

I know that some of the samples are not all that great, but I"m working on fixing that. I'll have a WIP for Skull Man soon, if you would rather me audition with that.

You're on. The samples were not too bad... anyway, the important thing is you have some arrangement skills and the inspiration to make a remix, which this mix clearly shows you do. I'll be here to help you with your mix, though I can't say I'm that good myself :)

I'm eagerly awaiting your WiP and am prepared to be pwned (musically speaking, that is).

So, you want me to sign you up for Skull Man?

Hey guys. I'm just stopping by to say that my currently untitled Drill Man mix is finished, save for a few small glitches that needs a-fixin'. I should have the final version ready very very soon.

Dafydd: will there be a lossless release of this project? In other words; should I send you a full-quality wave file, or will a high bitrate MP3 suffice?

Also: can anyone think of an appropriate title for a Drill Man remix?

An appropriate title for Drill man's theme... how about "Enter the Dentist" or something? ;P

Seriously though, no, not right off the bat. Is your newest version uploaded to the FTP?

I don't know about lossless audio, how is it usually done around here? I don't care much for it myself - I can hardly even tell the difference between a 128kbps mp3 and a 160kbps one, heh...

I haven't uploaded my latest one yet. I'll have it done asap.

As for the lossless stuff: I'd prefer if there was a lossless release, but I'd be okay with a high bitrate (~200kbps or greater) MP3. In the past, there hasn't been much consistency in terms of the audio format; 5 of the 8 projects on the OCR BT tracker include lossless audio (2 wave torrents, 3 flac torrents)

If you are planning on doing a lossless release, I think it's best if it's decided upon now, so us remixers know to submit wave versions of our tracks.

I'm willing to help deal with encoding, etc. if you want to do a lossless release.

Sorry To double post, but here is a WIP of the Boss music:

password = "ocremix"

Please not that this isn't truely a WIP, it's more of the actual intro to what I hope to be the finished version. However, those drums are verrrrry temporary and only used to get the point across to how this will begin. I would never dream of using those in an actual song XP.

BTW are we allowed to collaborate with anyone? Because I'd love that.

I've uploaded my drill man track to cerrax's ftp. The file name is:

jmr_Random_Hero_-_Drill_Man_final.mp3

I've called it the "final ?" version. Unless there's some glaring issue I've overlooked, there will be no more changes to this track. It's gotten to the point where my laptop overheats and crashes most of the time when I open the project file, and it takes an hour or so to export on the lowest quality. It's become way to much of a hassle to make changes.

I hope you guys like the track. Personally, I think it's my best work to date. It's definitely the one that the most effort has gone into.

I guess I can take this time to publicly thank Ryan (Random Hero) for his contributions to the arrangement in this track. I'd still be working on an ending if it wasn't for him.

By the way, I'm not sure if it uploaded okay; I'm using my university's wireless connection, and it keeps dropping out. Repeatedly. I've been waiting ten minutes now to connect again and submit this post.

I'm sorry, XFactor, but the sound quality in the SkeletonDance of yours is horrible. All I can hear are really loud and painfully distorted drums, a melody drenched in reverb and a didgeridoo bass, also drenched in reverb and completely inaudiable when the melody is playing.

I'm sorry for sounding like a Judge here, but this is really not up to the project's standards. You definitely need to spend more time on this.

Anyway, how ironic that weeks passed with no activity and now we have 2 people who want to do the same song :)

tmf, I like the changes you've made to your song. The strings really fit in nicely. There are still some places where you're having one instrument play a major key and the others a minor key, which really doesn't sound nice, especially since I'm pretty sure it's unintentional. I'm sorry the song is so difficult to export for you... What software are you using? Maybe I could export it for you? I'm on a 3GHz P4 2GB RAM machine here...

I'm sorry, XFactor, but the sound quality in the SkeletonDance of yours is horrible. All I can hear are really loud and painfully distorted drums, a melody drenched in reverb and a didgeridoo bass, also drenched in reverb and completely inaudiable when the melody is playing.

Well, I was trying to go for a distorted techno-ish song, so I thought changes like that would help. Any ideas on how to make it better and still keep the feel of the song?