OCR01528 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Scrambled Eggman"

djpretzel

wtf Doug, your mother likes metal? O.O

Either way, I might as well share some love for this as well. Of all the metal mixes that ended up on the projects, this ended up being one of my favorites, up there with "Live at the Sandopolis" and "Malicious Fingers". I'm often a fan of BrainCells's tendancy to make things heavier than they actually are and SnappleMan's melodic rock approach to his remixes, and the fusion together put together one heck of a head-banging result.

If I was physically standing next to either/both of you, I'd hug and kiss you all over again because of what you did in this arrangement. Nice work :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those drums are excellent. Guitar is excellent. Thought the laugh was funny. I think what I like about this mix the most is the way the source was interpreted. The original tune is deviated from quite a bit, but you still know where it came from. Really brilliant, I thought. Acutally makes me wanna go play Guilty Gear X or something. But yeah, I enjoyed this thoroughly; I hope high-fives were given to reward the creators of this greatness.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want to start off to say metal is definitely not my favorite genre. That said, though, I can really appreciate the excellent production and playing chops it takes to pull off something like this. Good variation in the different parts, interplay between rhythm and lead guitars, and drum programming. Laughing interlude was amusing as well. Overall great work, even if it's a genre that doesn't necessarily pull me in personally.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Haha! Oh, man, that evil laugh at the beginning and end was perfect! Geez, I do love metal when it's used for hard-hitting boss ReMixes. Keeps the spirit of the battle alive. The rapid-drums, excellent guitar work and epic arrangement made this ReMix. This was always my favorite Eggman theme, so I'm glad to see it done justice. Fantastic work!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01528 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Scrambled Eggman"