More Final Fantasy 3 mixes!!

Jens Wulvik

Today I just came across my NSF of Final Fantasy 3, I had forgotten how wonderful that soundtrack was. I went to OCremix to look for some mixes.

I couldn't believe what met my eyes. Two remixes!! Only two remixes of that beautiful soundtrack!!

I really think we need a lot more from that soundtrack, I may do some works myself too.

I assume you expected to hear this but there probably aren't too many remixes because the game never came out in America (until recently that is). Hopefully the DS version will spark interest, until then I highly recommend seeking out a copy of the Arrange Album. Great stuff.

Today I just came across my NSF of Final Fantasy 3, I had forgotten how wonderful that soundtrack was. I went to OCremix to look for some mixes.

Yes! This is one of my favorite NES/Famicom soundtracks.

My favorite arrangement that I've heard of FF3 music is by Select Start. "Eternal Wind" is the first piece of music linked under their media section.

My band also covered the battle music.

Be warned though, it is a live video and not the highest quality. It's very straight forward, just sped up a little. And the camera wasn't on for the first couple measures. :wink:

Of course there is also the Black Mages version "The Rocking Grounds", but it strays legendarily far from the original. At the same time, I think it's also one of their better tracks.

So er yeah, I also hope the DS release sparks more interest. A soundtrack very worthy of more mixes and arrangements.